Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland - 2015 Mickey's Halloween Party dates and details

Disneyland - 2015 Mickey's Halloween Party dates and details

The Disney Parks Blog just posted details on dates. Looks like it's still in DL!! Follow the links for prices.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...11-november-1/

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow - prices went up quite a bit.
    Friday 9/25 and Mon Wed dates to 10/19 Advanced 69, AP 63, Day of 77
    Fridays 10/2 to 10/23 and Thursday 10/22- no discounts - all prices 77
    Sunday 10/25 - Advanced 69, AP 63, Day of 77
    Tues 10/27 - no discount, all prices 77.
    Thursday 10/29 and Sat 10/31- no discount, all prices 84

I am surprised they are holding this 3 days a week for 6 weeks. That probably means the other nights will be quite busy as well for 60th shows.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I was planning on going the 31st. Looking at the price now trying to decide if it is really worth it. I may have hit my limit.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    I was planning on going the 31st. Looking at the price now trying to decide if it is really worth it. I may have hit my limit.
    That is expensive, it's almost as much as a one day ticket. I imagine those two days will be busy though and they feel people will pay the price to go.

Looks like it included parking. I think?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

There are some interesting notes if you read through the comments:

1) The Hatbox Ghost will remain in the Haunted Mansion during the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay.
    2) The Paint the Night parade and Halloween Screams fireworks will be presented on party nights. I assume this means no Halloween Cavalcade this year, but perhaps they'll do a Halloween pre-parade before Paint the Night on event nights?
    3) One official response says that "Disneyland Forever” fireworks will be presented on all non-party nights," except September 10 through Halloween Time.
    4) World of Color - Celebrate will also be presented nightly through Halloween Time. These last two are significant only because people keep asking when the 60th Anniversary shows are going away. Personally, I think we'll see them for a good 2-3 more years, but some people are worried they'll miss them.

Adrienne

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    2) The Paint the Night parade and Halloween Screams fireworks will be presented on party nights. I assume this means no Halloween Cavalcade this year, but perhaps they'll do a Halloween pre-parade before Paint the Night on event nights?
    The blog post specifically mentions that Mickey's Halloween Cavalcade is not running during party nights this year.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    That is expensive, it's almost as much as a one day ticket. I imagine those two days will be busy though and they feel people will pay the price to go.
    I suspect they are finding that some locals are taking advantage of the three-hour "early" admission on party nights, and using the party as their semi-annual trip to Disneyland. If I were not a passholder and only planned to take my kids to DL once or twice a year, that's exactly what I'd do.

I think they're also finding that some vacation planners are buying a shorter multi-day pass, and using the Halloween party ticket for that day. If I were planning a 4-day trip to Disneyland, and wanted to go to the Halloween party, I might buy a 3-day ticket and the Halloween party ticket. That's a $25 savings per ticket, which adds up for a family. I might use that extra money to book a character breakfast, and spend the morning in Downtown Disney or at the pool before going in for the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Looks like it included parking. I think?
    I believe it always has.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I suspect they are finding that some locals are taking advantage of the three-hour "early" admission on party nights, and using the party as their semi-annual trip to Disneyland. If I were not a passholder and only planned to take my kids to DL once or twice a year, that's exactly what I'd do.
    This is part of our planned strategy once we let all of our passes expire. I may have to re-think this strategy if the prices go up much higher.

First time annual passholder here. Wondering what exactly is this party? Is the park closed to the public during these times, and I need to pay roughly $75 to get in? What goes on inside? Is it worth it?

Which makes it a cool deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireddad View Post
    First time annual passholder here. Wondering what exactly is this party? Is the park closed to the public during these times, and I need to pay roughly $75 to get in? What goes on inside? Is it worth it?
    MHP is a special event that is only offered from mid-Sept. through 10/31. It is held in DL and requires a separate ticket. There are AP discounts offered for certain nights, but not all. A wristband is required to attend the party and all non-party guests have to leave the park when the party starts. Party guests can enter 3 hours before the start of the party (3pm when the party starts at 6pm, 4pm when the party starts at 7pm). MHP includes special fireworks (Halloween Screams, exclusive to the party), trick or treating at candy stations located throughout the park, character meet and greets and photo ops, this year the parade will be Paint the Night, dance parties, etc. MHP is the one time in the year when anyone 10 and over can wear a costume in the park. Only you can decide whether the party is worth it for you and your family. Do a search here for Mickey's Halloween Party to get more info. There are a few good trip reports with photos that can help you decide.

directly stated in blog post:

"Mickey’s Costume Party cavalcade will not be featured this year"

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Party guests can enter 3 hours before the start of the party (3pm when the party starts at 6pm, 4pm when the party starts at 7pm). MHP includes special fireworks (Halloween Screams, exclusive to the party),
    Thanks for the info tea4two! Quick last question, when you say "enter 3 hours early" does that mean the park is closed to everyone but these ticket holders? Or is this a blocked off section of the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Tireddad View Post
    Thanks for the info tea4two! Quick last question, when you say "enter 3 hours early" does that mean the park is closed to everyone but these ticket holders? Or is this a blocked off section of the park?
    3 hours before the start of the party everyone can be in the park. If the party starts at 6, they will start shuffling day guests (those without wrist bands) to the park exit at 6PM. You have to have a hard ticket (Wristband) to remain in the park after 6 PM. ALL of DL is for party guests only after that point. DCA remains open for park (day) guests.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    The blog post specifically mentions that Mickey's Halloween Cavalcade is not running during party nights this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    directly stated in blog post:

"Mickey’s Costume Party cavalcade will not be featured this year"
    OK, thanks.

In the past if you had a Chase Disney Visa you could get the AP price for party tickets. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Now we have to make choices

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    In the past if you had a Chase Disney Visa you could get the AP price for party tickets. Does anyone know if this is still the case?
    This is being implied on other blogs. Can you call the number on the back of the card to be sure?

I've never been during MHP, but am taking my kids on our bi-annual trip to Disneyland Oct 1-7. Looks like that falls on two MHP days. Does Disneyland close early on those dates? Does anybody know if regular fireworks and Fantasmic will play on those nights? (or the other nights during that week?) I'm so confused. Thanks in advance!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disneyland closes to regular guests at 6pm (or is it 7). No fantasmic on those nights and its a different fireworksvshow (halloween screams).

I think the Disneyland forever fireworks will probably run the other nights. I am not sure about fantasmic.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dear and Darling View Post
    I've never been during MHP, but am taking my kids on our bi-annual trip to Disneyland Oct 1-7. Looks like that falls on two MHP days. Does Disneyland close early on those dates? Does anybody know if regular fireworks and Fantasmic will play on those nights? (or the other nights during that week?) I'm so confused. Thanks in advance!
    The park will close at the start of the party (6 or 7 pm depending on the night). Fantasmic will typically show only on the weekends on non party nights. Halloween Screams Fireworks will show during the party (no other fireworks those nights for regular guests). I'm not sure if they'll show the 60th fireworks on ALL non party nights or just the weekends.

I guess I'm confused too. We'll be there Sept 30-Oct 5. So two of those nights the park will close early unless we have the party ticket??

Quote Originally Posted by miss_sonja View Post
    I guess I'm confused too. We'll be there Sept 30-Oct 5. So two of those nights the park will close early unless we have the party ticket??
    Yes. Dca will remain open though

The Parks Blog stated that the 60th fireworks will show all non-party nights in Oct. except for the 10th (?).