Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: July 17th entertainment schedules for Disneyland and DCA

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

July 17th entertainment schedules for Disneyland and DCA

A friendly CM sent some scheduling info to us, so those of you making plans to visit on Friday know what to expect. There are two specific anniversary events to note:

10 a.m. Celebratory Moment hosted by Disneyland Resort president Michael Colglazier. This will take place in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. There ceremony will also be broadcast on video screens set up in Town Square, Frontierland, near its a small world, Carthay Circle, the resort hotels, and in front of ESPN Zone.

4:14 p.m. Special "pre-parade moment" before Mickey's Soundsational Parade. This cavalcade will honor original 1955 cast members, and current Disneyland Resort cast members.

Additional special entertainment and offerings:

• There will be six special 1955-themed photo locations set up for the event. Locations are in Critter Country, Tomorrowland, Big Thunder Trail, Mickeys Toontown, Hollywood Land, and near the Grizzly Peak waterfall.
    • Two 1950's dance parties are scheduled - Tomorrowland Terrace from 7 11:30 p.m. and Carthay Circle from 6 10:30 p.m.
    • The two final Diamond Celebration photo locations will be unveiled.
    • July 17th is the first day of performances for the new Disneyland Band. Their Main Street sets are 11:30 a.m.; 12:30 p.m., 1:45 p.m. and 3:05 p.m.
    • A third performance of World of Color Celebrate has been added for July 17. Showtimes are now 9:00 p.m., 10:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
    • The second performance of Paint the Night has been moved from 10:45 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. on July 17. The first performance is still scheduled for 8:50 p.m.
    • There is only one performance of the Disneyland Forever fireworks scheduled. 9:30 p.m. on Friday.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

I was thinking that the second PtN was moved so as to allow room for "something" to occur on Main Street between the two performances ... oh, well.

sort of related: I've noticed that the 2nd performance is at 11:00 rather than 10:45 Monday through Thursday

Last edited by corona; 07-13-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    sort of related: I've noticed that the 2nd performance is at 11:00 rather than 10:45 Monday through Thursday
    That's sort of weird, yeah. PTN always has been at 11:00, other than on the 4th of July. They occasionally step off a few minutes early, but the time on schedules is always 11:00. Fantasmic is scheduled for 10:45, I think.

last comment to avoid going all the way OT: There are different times listed in the U.S vs. Australian/Canadian calendars online.
    The domestic calendar still only lists the first 2 performances of the Disneyland Band on the 17th

and hardly surprising, but "that other site" stole the information in the original post - without crediting AVP

TAKE MORE PICTURES!

What time do you plan to get to DLR on 7/17?

For the 50th I got to the parking structure at 5am, and they did not start letting people in to the structure until 6 or 6:30am.... So I think I will arrive at 6am tomorrow, what about you all? Also, do you all think it will be dead by 12pm like on the 50th?

DLR:I go all the time, MANY MANY times a year! About 2x a month right now

WDW: I was there in 72, maybe 82, but I was definitely there 2006 and 2007!!

Bring back ElecTRONica!!

Have heard it will open around 5:30AM. Know Pumba is open at 4AM

TAKE MORE PICTURES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Have heard it will open around 5:30AM. Know Pumba is open at 4AM
    Is the Pumba parking also covered by the AP?
    DLR:I go all the time, MANY MANY times a year! About 2x a month right now

WDW: I was there in 72, maybe 82, but I was definitely there 2006 and 2007!!

Bring back ElecTRONica!!

For planning purposes - my husband just drove by and said the pickup/taxi lot on Harbor is currently closed, as guests are already gathering there for Friday's opening. Yikes.

Last edited by Tinkermommy; 07-16-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Is the Pumba parking also covered by the AP?
    It was covered on our AAA ticket the time we had to park there. I would imagine it is, it is an overflow lot. In fact, we got sent there first thing in the morning, they didn't open the stucture until later. They filled all the overflow lots first. That was just a busy Friday morning (Dapper Day & the first day off Halloween last fall).

For future possible helpful info...

Got on the 111 exit to try for the over pass... That was close. Went down the road parallel to 5. Got to the structure area about 5:35. Saw a digital sign stating the structure is closed. Was not. It was open. They had listed 5:30. Not much in traffic. Sent to level 5. Parked had heard no trams were running. Nope were running. Only left side as you leave the structure. Got off at DTD. Walked through bag check. shorts lines. About 1/4 to almost 1/3 of the way to DCA. Guess maybe about 6? Was let in about 7?