Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 20th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

20th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

Discuss the upcoming Food & Wine Festival here. What are you looking forward to eating/drinking/doing?

The cranberry bog will be back. A new scavenger hunt, Remy's Ratatouille Hide & Squeak will have people searching for Remy statuettes (maps, stickers and prizes are involved).

"New premium events includes French Family Meal Traditions lunches on Fridays and Saturdays, a Rockin' Burger Block Party on select dates, and new beverage events including Exploring Wines from 1996 to Now."

Official website page

Last edited by stan4d_steph; 07-30-2015 at 01:30 PM.

2. # ADS

I can't wait! I have never been, and we are going this year! Woohoo!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    I can't wait! I have never been, and we are going this year! Woohoo!
    It's awesome! Forget about major dining resies at Epcot, just do the booths and eat all around the world. Getting the wristband gift card charged up makes it so easy too, no fumbling with a wallet while holding a drink in one hand and getting your passport stamped... SO much amazing food to eat. We are going in early early Sept this year, so prolly miss it but we did do the EF&GF in March!
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

So excited to go!!!

We're doing the F&W on November 10 and 12.

John

We'll be there at the end of October! I am really curious about the French family meal tradition lunches they are offering this year. Also, this will be our first time at F&W since they introduced Scotland. Excited about that, too! Non F&W, really hoping the new Indy themed place in Downtown Disney is open by the time we're there.

Ooh, we are doing it twice in early November, and I think DH will most look forward to the Cheddar Cheese Soup (bleugh!), and I am most looking forward to a glass or two of Key Limen wine (I think they may be offering a sparkling version this year - ooooooohhhh!), anything with lobster in it, and whatever dessert Scotland is offering this year.

We LOVE the Food & Wine Festival!!

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Food and Wine Festival Question

I am hoping to sample from the food booths at the F&W Festival this fall. I have seen pictures of a card you can carry on your wrist that works like a pre-loaded charge card. Can you also use your magic band and just charge it to your room?
    Thanks!

1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

I believe so. I don't see why not. The wrist card is just a special Disney gift card on a bracelet they sell during F&W.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes. You can still use your magic band tied to your credit card. For me, the ease of the gift cards was great. I think with the magic band you have to put in your pin.
    Plus, for me, having an amount on the card and spending that down (and seeing how much I have left) helps me at least track how much I'm spending.
    You can use your cash or directly use your credit card!

Cathy

My boyfriend and I usually put around $600 on our card. That's 2 full days of grazing at the booths and plenty of beer and cocktails. Last year we made it to 26 out of 36 booths. We usually skip the booths that are all beer/wine or coffee/desserts. We do stop at every country represented plus Terra, Farm Fresh, Hops & Barley and the refreshment Port for the cronuts, fried chicken chunks with pineapple sweet and sour sauce and the Dragon Berry refresher with Bacardi.

John

If you use your Magic Band, there's a station just like for any other purchase, where you (awkwardly) hold your band to the sensor and then enter your pin. For me I don't like the gift card cuz I don't really know how much I'm going to spend, and don't want that extra limit put on my drunken fun.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

I am not sure whether or not we will go with a gift card or not...sounds like another thing around my wrist that will annoy me...

We use the gift card but I don't carry it around my wrist. I also hate stuff on my wrists especially during humid/hot weather. I carry it in my shirt or pants pocket.

John

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mine's usually in my pocket, too. But it's handy to be able to slip it on my wrist really quick when I get the receipt initially (before I get my food).
    I did finally get used to wearing the magic band - those don't work well in pockets, in my experience (girl-clothes don't always have great pockets)

My sister(s) and I do gift cards a lot when we're traveling together. It's easier (for us) to just charge a gift card with X amount each, and then use that for all our meals and such, except individual souvenirs. (And when it gets low, just put more on.) We eat and drink about the same, so one person isn't subsidizing's the other's alcohol, and it's easier then trying to split bills or each ordering individually at counter service.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Plus, for me, having an amount on the card and spending that down (and seeing how much I have left) helps me at least track how much I'm spending.
    You can use your cash or directly use your credit card!
    That's exactly what I like to do also so you can maintain some semblance of self control!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    If you use your Magic Band, there's a station just like for any other purchase, where you (awkwardly) hold your band to the sensor and then enter your pin. For me I don't like the gift card cuz I don't really know how much I'm going to spend, and don't want that extra limit put on my drunken fun.
    Dan, the fun uncle to vacation with!

I will tell you that those cloth band covers really do make a big difference in hot weather. And you can make your own totally custom one too! No more sweaty wrist...

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Dan, the fun uncle to vacation with!
    For me, one of the important elements of a vacation is to NOT worry about how much you're spending!
    - James Taylor

For me, one of the important elements of a vacation is to NOT worry about how much you're spending!
    Good call, it really does suck some of the magic out of it. I try to figure I'll run a hundred a day or so and often end up spending way less depending on how thirsty we are, etc...

I tend to do the math on how much I really need, and then make sure I have a few extra hundred in the pot in case I get crazy. . .

- James Taylor

I tend to do the math on how much I really need, and then make sure I have a few extra hundred in the pot in case I get crazy. . .
    "in case, " that's funny!

OK - a few extra hundred in the pot FOR WHEN I get crazy . . .

- James Taylor

Dan, have you tried wearing your band upside down? In other words, if your band were a watch, Mickey's outline would be upside down when you looked at it. When worn this way, it's aligned perfectly for a quick tilt and scan. I find it very easy to use that way.
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

I dunno about that Pete, but we wore bands on both arms last trip and it made it a lot easier when we got to a (non)turnstile or a FPP station to use whichever arm was convenient. Same for food booths too.

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea