Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: WDW and Legoland discounts

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

WDW and Legoland discounts

I have a friend who sent me this e-mail:

"I am trying to purchase ticket to Disney World for my daughter's family who will be in Orlando at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort the week of June 14 to 21st. I have called the resort and spoken to the Disney rep who is stationed there. She told me all the ticket purchases online are actually vouchers and can not be used unless the person who purchased them presents them at park admission and has appropriate ID and the credit card that was used. She suggested purchasing Disney gift cards for them to use. She told me that Sam's Club has them at about a $7 saving per $150 worth of cards.

In the meantime, I have found a website, Fun Orlando, that has Disney tickets at a slight savings as well as other Orlando attractions such as Legoland where Josh want to go also. So my thought is that they can make their own reservations and use the gift cards to pay for them. Does that sound like the best option to you?"

Does anyone know anything about Fun Orlando? Is it reputable or a scam? Does it make you "share" tickets (which is illegal) or is it on the up-and-up and offers good discounts for WDW and Legoland?

TIA.

Karin

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Doing a little research myself I've been unable to locate a website called Fun Orlando.

I'm trying to get back in touch with her about what the exact name of the website is.

Stay tuned... Thanks!

Karin

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just me... but the only place I trust for discounted tickets for Disney is UndercoverTourist.com

As for Legoland, I know that my son gets the Lego Club magazine and they always have a "free child ticket" offer in the magazine somewhere.

I know that some people like to save money by buying gift cards at Sams or getting some discount on gift cards via using a Target Red Card. But my personal opinion is that trying to finance a trip via gift cards is a problem waiting to happen. I know that people reported great experiences by doing so, but at the same time, other had near nightmare scenarios when it comes to incorrect card balances or worse in the event of a trip cancellation.

Im a very frugal person and I like to save a buck anytime possible. At the same time, there are some things I dont mess with and my vacation is one of them.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

I hear you, GusMan, about saving money vs. messing with possible vacation problems. But, aside from outright giving her daughter the cash, I don't know how else she might go about this.

I heard back from her about the actual name of the discount site she found. It's Orlando Fun Deals. Anyone heard of them or done business with them?

I'm going to go search BBB and see what they have to say.

ETA: Hmmm... BBB doesn't have a record for them. That can be interpreted either way. No one's reported them for bad business and non one's reported them for good business. Any suggestions I can pass on to her from here?

Karin

Blog Entries

Is she sure on that name? I know of, but have not used, Orlando Fun Tickets..... not Orlando Fun Deals. It doesnt even come back in a Google Search.

I know that UndercoverTourist.com sends out physical tickets... and you can register those tickets with MDE so that you can FP+ and the like.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

I, too, find that it doesn't come up in a Google search, but it does take you to a site if you type in the URL directly.

Karin

I would only use discounts that are listed on MouseSavers.com.

Blog Entries

^^^ What Steph said.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Thanks, all. I've passed along your advice.

Apparently the daughter is not a planner at all, prefers to fly by the seat of her pants and what comes is fine.

We shall see how they do in WDW in June with no pre-planning.

Karin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    We shall see how they do in WDW in June with no pre-planning.
    With humor, you can provide all the guidance necessary, but you cant make them follow the advice.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

True, true. Their vacation, not mine. Thanks for all the advice, GusMan. Being a PAP I'm not knowledgeable about discounts for the parks.

Karin