Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Has anyone eaten at Tony's lately?

Has anyone eaten at Tony's lately?

Just wondering your opinions of Tony's in Magic Kingdom. We have reservations there before a MNSSHP. Just wondering your thoughts....

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

2. # ADS

I'll leave it as not my favorite place.

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    I'll leave it as not my favorite place.
    Oh no...that doesn't sound good!

Food? Service? Or both?
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We've eaten at Tony's for pretty much every trip, and we really like it. We had lunch there in February, as my carb load before a race, so I know I had some pasta dish, but I can't remember what exactly. It was really good, and our server was prompt and funny too. I noticed her having a bit of trouble with a nearby table who was a being a bit unreasonable, and when she came by to check on us, I made a comment about the other table. She couldn't really respond but she grinned at me.

We've had dinner there before and really enjoyed it too.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Has anyone eaten at Tony's lately?

Meh. Certainly not inedible. I won't ever bother again though.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    Oh no...that doesn't sound good!

Food? Service? Or both?
    Haven't eaten here in a few years but over the years we had trouble with both food and service. So we have tried right when they open for dinner, a couple hours into dinner, and late. Every time it's a struggle to get a table (yes, we had ADRs, no we did not have a large or unusual party, four people, no allergies or dietary restrictions) then a struggle to get consistent service. Food well, read scoobys comment, she summed it up.
    Hopefully, cstephens, review is more indicative of current service and food quality.

Great location! You should do it at least once. Enjoy!

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

I agree it is a great location but the food IMO is always hit or miss. We tried this restaurant by accident one trip when Crystal Palace was being refurbished & this was turned into the character meals. Since then we have tried it a couple times but it has really only been so so. It seems like if it is good at Tonys it is very good but when its bad its really bad. I wish Disney would strive for more consistent service/food quality overall. This consistency issue has popped up at various restaurants especially those in EPCOT.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its probably one of those places where our family would express mixed feelings between each of us. We would rather hit up other places first, to be honest.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Thanks everybody for your replies. I stick with it for now!