Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i think that has been the case - that the AP signup closes sooner than the regular reg. Mind you - 15 min vs 40 or 50 min but still sooner. (well, except Avengers this year but the challenge did sell out quick).
    I'll take 5 minutes over 0 seconds! (We tried RIGHT at 9:00 a.m!)
    Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Between running the full in WDW the week before, and then getting ready for a cruise at the end of the month, I don't think it makes sense for me to sign up for this one. Hard as it is to resist.
    What? Um...did you see your profile pic? (LOL!)
    Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!

10K sold out as of 10:20.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    And to that point, the Star Wars half marathon is open and has not that I've noticed gone 'on hold'. Hmmmmmm....

10:23 a.m. - Challenge, 10k, and kids races showing as SOLD OUT. 5k 'on hold'. Half Marathon and chEAR Squad open and ready for business.
    maybe it does give credence to the notion in the Avengers thread that the geek factor for non-runners has faded to enter this race. The regular runners all went for the challenge. Its all speculation but it seems this is a good bet.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

My kids (DS and DD) are officially signed up for the 10K. I'll be doing Rebel Challenge with Team Muscle Makers. DH will be our one-man support crew (logistical, financial, emotional), lol.

This will be DD's first runDisney 10K (she's done a few 5K's...and she'll probably do one non-Disney 10K before Star Wars.) I'm excited that she wants to "train up" to this distance! She used to HATE any kind of exercise. Last year's Star Wars 5K was her first positive experience with running. She wants to run with me on the 10K portion of my RC...makes me a very happy momma.

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks like everything but the Star Wars Half Marathon and chEAR Squad are now officially SOLD out in early AP/DVC registration. Next opportunity for those events will be Tuesday June 16th @ 9:00 a.m. PST.

runDisney has also removed 'If a category shows “ON HOLD”, time for a deep breath. There’s a chance it could become available again. Click here to try again or check back soon'. I would assume that at this point, 'on hold' is over.

Last edited by RunningFool; 06-02-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Jacket is available!
    Is there a link to go back and preorder the jacket/pins? I registered DD For the kids races and my only option was the ears.

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkmom View Post
    Is there a link to go back and preorder the jacket/pins? I registered DD For the kids races and my only option was the ears.
    Unfortunately I don't see one. Pre-order items may be 'sold out' as well.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Blog Entries
    I think when the regular registration appears that the merchandise links will show up again. And they may stay longer.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I think when the regular registration appears that the merchandise links will show up again. And they may stay longer.
    Thanks everyone! I'll wait to regular reg opens.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I'm in for the 5K again. I considered the 10K but I figure I could always go for it in the regular reg if I change my mind. What's another $120 when you've already put down $80. You get a free t-shirt...
    10K shirts are tech shirts, not t-shirts.

I put in my Team Muscle Makers "order" a couple of months ago.

Team Krock Pots' Rebel Challenge Weekend Goal: About $3400.
    Not having to deal with runDisney registration: PRICELESS
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Thanks for correcting me. I've volunteered at the t-shirt distribution. How could I be so inaccurate when making a joke!

Blog Entries
    runDisney has also removed 'If a category shows “ON HOLD”, time for a deep breath. There’s a chance it could become available again. Click here to try again or check back soon'. I would assume that at this point, 'on hold' is over.
    When you had on hold - did you have to click the link to refresh? I know some sites (like nike shoe orders for really popular shoes) use more of a placeholder - so you are waiting until a spot opens but you don't have to re-click. Some say reclicking may put you at the end of the line - but others say no, reclicking might get you a fresh spot since some pages may lose their "active connection" to the registration server - but the page looks like its still thinking..

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    cstephens, what were you charged for Processing Fee, if you don't mind me asking? I was charged $22.25.
    I bought the rebel challenge, pin bundle and jacket together and the processing fee was $30.48.

I then bought the 5K race and 5K pin and the processing fee was $6.43.

Note to anyone who bought/buys the jacket and pin(s) - if you're an annual passholder, when you pick up your items, be sure to "return" and then re-purchase the items you're actually going to keep because they will give you your AP discount on those items.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I'm in for the half along with my buddy Woody. Half was still open when I registered at 4:45pm.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post

I put in my Team Muscle Makers "order" a couple of months ago.

Team Krock Pots' Rebel Challenge Weekend Goal: About $3400.
    Not having to deal with runDisney registration: PRICELESS
    $3600. That's my goal. And it's WELL worth it!!
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Hello all,

I just registered for a Half Marathon on the day the opened for pre-reg. I am very excited, and it would be a very first (and hopefully won't be the last) run I have ever had.

I just started my training last night and ran for 6 miles. I was "dead" but I believe I can manage it.

By the way, is it a way I can order the jacket? or would they still sell the jacket at the time I pickup the packet? If I order jacket online, can I exchange the size later?

thanks and I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by plchan View Post
    Hello all,

I just registered for a Half Marathon on the day the opened for pre-reg. I am very excited, and it would be a very first (and hopefully won't be the last) run I have ever had.

I just started my training last night and ran for 6 miles. I was "dead" but I believe I can manage it.

By the way, is it a way I can order the jacket? or would they still sell the jacket at the time I pickup the packet? If I order jacket online, can I exchange the size later?

thanks and I am excited.
    You can order a jacket. It's hard to really say what merch will still be available when you arrive because in the past, a lot of things have gotten sold out on the first day of the Expo (Thursday). I'm not sure what the policy is like on exchanges for sizes but I would guess not if it's sold out.

Welcome! The pre-ordered jacket is different than the jackets you will be able to purchase at the Expo. It's possible that you will be able to exchange it for another size, but that will depend on the availability. The pre-ordered jackets are only produced based on orders received plus however many extras they produce.

I'm turning 50 this October and I signed up for the 5K and Rebel Challenge - What Was I Thinking?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by smkowalski View Post
    I'm turning 50 this October and I signed up for the 5K and Rebel Challenge - What Was I Thinking?!?!
    haha.. you were thinking that to make the 3 races in 2 days

I am new to the running and I signed up for the half marathon. I had my very first run last night, and in the first 2 miles, I asked myself - What was I thinking to sign up the half marathon?

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Welcome! The pre-ordered jacket is different than the jackets you will be able to purchase at the Expo. It's possible that you will be able to exchange it for another size, but that will depend on the availability. The pre-ordered jackets are only produced based on orders received plus however many extras they produce.
    Is it a way to go back to the pre-reg page to preorder jacket?

Is it a way to go back to the pre-reg page to preorder jacket?
    They should have a separate page open to do so when regular registration opens in a couple weeks. They don't usually close merch orders until a few weeks before the actual race since they produce those based on number of orders received.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBruin View Post
    They should have a separate page open to do so when regular registration opens in a couple weeks. They don't usually close merch orders until a few weeks before the actual race since they produce those based on number of orders received.
    Thanks. I will check back when the regular registration opens on Jun-16.

Actually, you can do it now. You should have received an email from RunDisney about registration confirmation. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of that email, click on the "my events" link, sign in to Active.com and you will see a link for "Purchase additional merchandise". Click that link and you can buy all of the merchandise that was offered during registration.