Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: April in Paradise - a WDW Trip Report 4-15

Good to hear everything has worked, You sound happy again.

2. # ADS

Certainly much happier than I was last year!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

April in Paradise - a WDW Trip Report 4-15

Thanks for bringing us along Dan

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

Y'all can come along anytime!

- James Taylor

hey dan !!! sorry we didn't meet up had to leave early due to a family illness. I think tammy does not work on Saturdays anymore. also gavin is fixin to pull the pin & get married . corral reef I hnow is one of your favs. but I just will not give it another chance they have had 3 . sept I will also be 59 maybe we can buy each other a adult beverage. what is your new job that you like it so much ???

dusty

Bout time I heard from you, buddy! Sorry we missed this time. I'll be back at the end of September - the current plan is 9/26 - 9/30.

New job is working at Alcon Labs headquarters in Ft. Worth. They are a multi-national, multi-billion dollar company that makes stuff for the eyes - everything from eyedrops to contact lenses to machinery used in eye surgeries. I'm in the A/V department, and my main concentration is running a 150 seat auditorium that's used for meetings and world-wide video conferences. There's a lot of very cool gear in there, and it's right up my alley as a long practicing button pusher. It's a regular 40 hour work week, and it pays about double what I was making last year. What's not to like?

- James Taylor

hey man i see what you mean . enjoy

I like how you roll with the punches, Dan. Good on ya. It seems as though you had more good than bad, and even the bad isn't so bad, because, hey, you're at Disney! I keep fantasizing about how in years to come when we are all living there and working there, how we'll get together every once and a while (you, me, the Andrewseses, and anyone else who makes it down), and I'll finally get to hear you sing Danny Boy live and in person! Thanks for the enjoyable trip report.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

So pete, what's your timetable? Where do you anticipate working at the World?

- James Taylor

Hi Dan!

Awesome pictures, especially of the MK Hub and Astro Orbiter! So glad your new job is one you enjoy, good things come to those who wait! Thanks for sharing!
    Gail

Thanks, Gail. I waited through most of a sucky 2014, so it's about time!!!

- James Taylor

Just checking in with you, Dan, I keep reading about massive storms and floods in Texas. I know it's a big state so hopefully it's not your area. Hope all is well.

It's been pretty soggy here, but the big flooding hasn't happened in the Dallas area.

- James Taylor

Glad to hear things are ok.