Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Tomorrowland movie premiere at Disneyland Resort May 9th, and how you can attend

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Tomorrowland movie premiere at Disneyland Resort May 9th, and how you can attend

Disneyland hasn't said anything about this (which is not unusual), but it looks like the Tomorrowland premiere will be at the Disneyland Resort on May 9th. The screening itself will be at the AMC Theater in Downtown Disney, with the after party inside Tomorrowland.

Update – here are the operational plans for the event:

The premiere screening takes place at the AMC Theater in Downtown Disney. The theater will be closed all day on Saturday, May 9 due to the event. The Downtown Disney parking lot will also be closed until 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, with all traffic diverted to the Mickey and Friends parking structure.

Disneyland is open from 9 a.m. to midnight on Saturday, but Tomorrowland closes at 5:00 p.m. due to the Tomorrowland after party. This closure also includes the Disneyland Monorail, which will be used to transport movie guests into the after party following the premiere. The schedule for the Jedi Training Academy is changed due to the event, with all shows one hour earlier than normal.

A blue carpet will run from the Downtown Disney valet loop to the AMC theater. A bus and a car from the movie will be placed along the blue carpet, and available for people to take photos in front of until the celebrity arrivals begin at 4:00 p.m. The screening begins at 6:00 p.m., and is scheduled to conclude by 8:00 p.m. Following the screening, the event guests will be transported into Tomorrowland for the after party, which runs until 11:00 p.m.

Disney has scheduled a third performance of World of Color at Disney California Adventure at 11:00 p.m. on Saturday.

Disney strongly (though unofficially, as always), recommends that those who wish to view the celebrity arrivals along the blue carpet "arrive early," though how early is anyone's guess. The carpet won't even be installed until 2 a.m., and there is the little matter of the Tinker Bell 10K taking place that same morning. If you feel like waiting all day to get a possible glimpse at George Clooney, be prepared with an umbrella or some other form of portable shade. Disney says that "special performances will be visible to guests along the blue carpet," so be sure to bring extra batteries for your camera.

Omaze.com is hosting a contest for the opportunity to attend the Disneyland premiere event and meet George Clooney. The prize package includes:

• Air transportation to LA for two, and one night accommodations at a 4-star hotel
    • One-day admission to Disneyland for two
    • Admission for two to the screening in Downtown Disney, and a meet-and-greet with George Clooney
    • Admission for two to the after-party in Tomorrowland

You can enter by making a donation via Omaze.com. The minimum donation is $10, which includes 100 entries.

Proceeds benefit Not On Our Watch and the Enough Project.
    Last edited by AVP; 05-09-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

They're doing this during a race weekend? That seems odd. Cause there won't already be a ton of people there.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    They're doing this during a race weekend? That seems odd. Cause there won't already be a ton of people there.
    at first I wondered about that too - but what an opportunity for Disney to have (forced) crowds outside the Premier red carpet. The crazy issue is going to be having the after party of the premier in Tomorrowland. Does that mean the after party starts at 12am (listed closing time of Disneyland park)? Will tomorrowland attractions be closed early (not currently listed on the closure list)? Hmm - could it be Motion Pictures has not coordinated well with Parks Operations? no - that would never happen
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

funny - how I got to drive the Monorail with Clooney in it I'll never know.
    http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.co...ajsk654132.jpg

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

So how was the premiere?