Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luigi's Festival of the Dance coming to Cars Land

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Luigi's Festival of the Dance coming to Cars Land

Based on permits filed with the city of Anaheim, the official name of the replacement for Luigi's Flying Tires in Cars Land is "Luigi's Festival of the Dance."

Image (c) Disney.

Luigi's Flying Tires closed in February, and Disney has not given any more information about the ride, beyond the single piece of concept art released when they announced the closure of the original attraction. The permits include construction of new "attraction slab," a vehicle maintenance building, revised barriers and gates, and a modified exit queue.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Is it a bumper cars for adults?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Based on permits filed with the city of Anaheim, the official name of the replacement for Luigi's Flying Tires in Cars Land is "Luigi's Festival of the Dance." .... Disney has not given any more information about the ride, beyond the single piece of concept art released when they announced the closure of the original attraction.
    And the trickle tease continues....

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Is it a bumper cars for adults?
    nope - Preliminary leaked reports suggest it to be similar in technology to Pooh's Honey Hunt in Tokyo - GPS controlled independent vehicles (no tracks) that dance around each other. So not really like Mater's though it may seem that way.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    And the trickle tease continues....

nope - Preliminary leaked reports suggest it to be similar in technology to Pooh's Honey Hunt in Tokyo - GPS controlled independent vehicles (no tracks) that dance around each other. So not really like Mater's though it may seem that way.
    Is GPS accurate enough? A could see a grid pattern poured into the slab of wires that the cars could use to sense exactly where they are much more accurate

Blog Entries
    Is GPS accurate enough? A could see a grid pattern poured into the slab of wires that the cars could use to sense exactly where they are much more accurate
    that is one of the questions people have had - since Honey Hunt is indoors it works pretty well with the sensors (go find a video to show you how the honey pots move) but this being outdoors it does give pause to the design. grid may be too "square" to make it works right. We'll have to wait and see.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I wish it was a dark ride like the Honey Hunt. They have space back there, but I guess they could be saving the space for something else. I'm okay with another spinner though, people seem to like them. It won't be exactly the same as Mater's. Also they tend to be fast loaders, so that should help. I hope they have enough cars. It looks like they're only making them with front seats. Wish they'd do front and back so they could get whole families in one car, making the ride eat people.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    I wish it was a dark ride like the Honey Hunt. They have space back there, but I guess they could be saving the space for something else. I'm okay with another spinner though, people seem to like them. It won't be exactly the same as Mater's. Also they tend to be fast loaders, so that should help. I hope they have enough cars. It looks like they're only making them with front seats. Wish they'd do front and back so they could get whole families in one car, making the ride eat people.
    It looks like a lot of fun and I know my kids will love it. The Mater is more fun (in my opinion) then you first think it will be. I agree that if you have two rows you could get more people on and off and the line would go faster.

Darn, spinning makes me sick

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Darn, spinning makes me sick
    Me too! If it is a spinning ride, I will have to watch everyone else enjoy it instead!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I hope it's something like the Aquatopia at Tokyo Disney Sea. I adore this ride so much.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I hope it's something like the Aquatopia at Tokyo Disney Sea. I adore this ride so much.

That's on my not-yet-bucket list

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Me too! If it is a spinning ride, I will have to watch everyone else enjoy it instead!
    I have a friend who literally gets motion sick on an escalator. He goes to Disneyland with sea sick pills and has a great time but still feels ill.

Looks pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Looks pretty boring.
    But with the right music it will be, still boring

Blog Entries

I will have to wait to judge it. Mater's looked boring. But get on it, and it is great!!

Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I will have to wait to judge it. Mater's looked boring. But get on it, and it is great!!
    Waiting to judge something before you try it?

The internet: you're doing it wrong!
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    So true about Mater. It is a lot more fun, kids young and old, then it appears at first,

Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    waiting to judge something before you try it?

The internet: You're doing it wrong!
    ^^^ this!!!

If we didn't have anything to discuss before we saw it, this message board wouldn't exist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    If we didn't have anything to discuss before we saw it, this message board wouldn't exist.
    And this^^^

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To me the new ride looks like:

Cars Quatre Roues Rallye in Walt Disney Studios Park Paris

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfPlanet View Post
    To me the new ride looks like:

Cars Quatre Roues Rallye in Walt Disney Studios Park Paris
    It does . I just watched a YouTube video of it. It's way too close to Mater. I hope that's not what it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    It does . I just watched a YouTube video of it. It's way too close to Mater. I hope that's not what it is.
    UGH! Lots of folks have complained at times of repeat attractions - but this would be IN THE SAME LAND IN THE SAME THEME PARK! If true I am extremely disappointed in Disneyland management on this call. I hope its just a coincidence and the delivered product is different.

I don't think so. The ride in that video used a spin track like Mater and TeaCups. The new ride is supposed to be trackless. I did like the cars though since they allowed for up to 4 passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    I don't think so. The ride in that video used a spin track like Mater and TeaCups. The new ride is supposed to be trackless. I did like the cars though since they allowed for up to 4 passengers.
    I sure hope you're right. Those cars seem really tiny though.