Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Any thoughts on the first week of the 60th celebration?

Any thoughts on the first week of the 60th celebration?

We're thinking about heading dow for a quick 2 day trip mid week. I *think* most schools are still in session so crowds might not be that bad... or are they letting kids out right after memorial day these days?

Do you think all of the wonderful anniversary stuff will be in full swing, or will they still be working out kinks?

A dream in a wish your heart makes! Engaged at DL December 2008, honeymooned at DL December 2009, too many other trips to mention! Happiness is being and AP holder! Looking forward to the day my kiddo is old enough to enjoy the parks as much as I do

~Shelby

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

If you are talking about the week right after the 24 hour party, then it should be OK. I think Disney has their ducks all in a row and ready for the big 3 entertainment offerings for the 60th. A good guess on lighter crowdss too.

Unless a bunch of those early closing nights are AP previews, I'd expect at least the evenings to be pretty busy as locals hit the parks to watch the shows. However, they'll likely stake out their spots for the show and stay off the rides for the most part.

Any thoughts on the first week of the 60th celebration?

Arizona schools get out before Memorial Day.

Schools from out of state will be out before Memorial Day. Like bumblebee said the afternoons/evenings will swell with locals. But I imagine the days to be manageable. Expect for crowds and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised.

Depending on which days you are going, you may also face grad-nite attendees too.

We are planning disneyland for 2 days on Tuesday 26th May ...happens to be first grad nite .... does it really make a big difference during the day ? or mainly evenings ? we have a 6 and 8 year old with us too ...so wont be late, late nights.

If anyone has any suggestions for us that week that woudl be appreciated. And Rides to go on too ..... kids are visting Disneyland/California for the first time ...and coming all the way from New Zealand

We planned a trip starting the evening of the 23rd through Tuesday the 26th/Morning of the 27th a few months ago before they announced the starting date for the 60th and the 24 hour party. We're kind of bummed that we can't make the 24 hour party, and then started having second thought about how busy it's going to be. But we got a good rate at the Quality on Katella, and are just going to make the best of whatever crowds are there. We hope it's not too hot-That can be harder for us to deal with than busy days.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by doof View Post
    We are planning disneyland for 2 days on Tuesday 26th May ...happens to be first grad nite .... does it really make a big difference during the day ? or mainly evenings ? we have a 6 and 8 year old with us too ...so wont be late, late nights.

If anyone has any suggestions for us that week that woudl be appreciated. And Rides to go on too ..... kids are visting Disneyland/California for the first time ...and coming all the way from New Zealand
    That's not the first grad night, they start in Mid-May. There is one during our trip on May 18, and a few the week before.
    The grad nights aren't a huge problem. There will be a lot of teens in the park, and the park gets steadily busier as more arrive. When DCA closes at 10pm they will have a special party just for the grads.