Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: Disneyland Forever

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: Disneyland Forever

Disneyland Forever by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Frozen additions, flying fish, and other new info about Disneyland's new fireworks show

Read it here!

2. # ADS

It sounds wonderful but if I had my wish come true there would be more Walt era films included and perhaps more references to Disneyland itself than just the orange groves. I hope I get a chance to see it!

While I'm sure "Under The Sea" and "Circle of Life" will be great, NOT AGAIN comes to mind. They should try other properties that are equally terrific.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The inflatable creatures atop Main Street seem almost like an homage to HP Lovecraft more than Mermaid ;-). I kind of agree that some of these properties are well overused. However, I also can see where you can't use a lot of characters here since it may have the same situation as World Of Color - sometimes not as cohesive as you'd think.

I just wonder if they ever considered removing or trimming some trees from the sightlines - the hub trees tend to block a lot of views even when you are there to see both the castle and the matterhorn. So not only vantage points across the park - but a mere 20 or 30 feet could mean a difference.

And finally - this show design, and the varied merch releases, and other planned events (I assume they will have more) is definitely targeted at repeat visits. I just wonder if they want AP holders to visit repeatedly or expect full-tourist-mode guests to make multiple trips in the next 18 months. It seems like at times the "money is no object - they'll buy it all - we're Disney" is really prevalent here.

I can't wait for the dumping of some merch in alternate locations. Oh, and the show does sound great.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Disneyland Forever, yet it hardly features anything from Disneyland. I thought we were celebrating 60 years of the park, not the Disney films. Sadly, I'm not interested.

Ah, how should I do it? Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea. And then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself. And when it arrives, AH HA HA HA, I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT!, I tell you! Genius, I say.
    Or...to save on postage, I'll just poison him with this!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stompedge View Post
    Disneyland Forever, yet it hardly features anything from Disneyland. I thought we were celebrating 60 years of the park, not the Disney films. Sadly, I'm not interested.
    but I would say that Disneyland is supposed to immerse you and transport you to adventures and fantasy in your imagination based on characters and stories you know, or don't know yet. The 50th show was unique because it really really was the first time anything focused specifically on the attractions themselves (both historic and current). However, the fireworks shows in general have been more of a way to continue to convey that sense of fantasy you had all day riding in a pirate ship in Peter Pan, or on Dumbo's back, or watching Mary Poppins stroll down the street, etc. I think if the show was similar to Remember... then maybe folks would find it to be a duplication. I will say that this one show does seem to try and blow the lid off of technology roof.

As with any of Disney's entertainment it won't be enjoyed by everyone - that's just the way it is. Maybe something else from the entertainment will grab you.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I have no doubt that the projections and new layer of technology added to the fireworks show will be an excellent display of new entertainment. Personally, I hold Disneyland to very high standards because the park holds such a special place in my memories and my heart. I am concerned about this show because of my experience with World of Color. I think World of Color is an brilliant display of technology and has ushered in a new entertainment venue for the park, but I can't stand the show. Sadly, you just cannot convince me that the current version of the show is the very best show that could be put on. It just lacks. I seen it many times, and I do try to like it, but I just don't. It saddens me, because I want it to be so good and I know it can.
    Listening to this description of this fireworks installment, all I could think of was: Under the Sea huh? Really, anyone step out of the box and really find something new and exciting with that number? I agree, I do not want a repeat of the 50th celebration fireworks, but I really think there was an opportunity to shine the park in a whole new light and really celebrate 60 years of people's love & memories for this place. Obviously, I am being very judgmental on something I have not seen yet. I will honestly say I hope I am completely off-base and this will be a spectacular display of new entertainment. Fingers crossed.

Ah, how should I do it? Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea. And then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself. And when it arrives, AH HA HA HA, I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT!, I tell you! Genius, I say.
    Or...to save on postage, I'll just poison him with this!