Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: How to explain the theme of Universal FL's Royal Pacific Resort to my 9-year-old?

How to explain the theme of Universal FL's Royal Pacific Resort to my 9-year-old?

So, this is such a random question, but we're planning on staying here within the next year. My DH and I loved it on our parents-only trip 2 years ago. Our DS9 is all about theming of Disney hotels, it's one of his favorite parts about staying onsite. I know he'll love Royal Pacific too. Anybody have any ideas on how to explain it? It's not just themed to the South Pacific, it's the South Pacific during a specific time period. Like the 1958 movie. Besides showing him the movie (which he'll walk away from after 10 minutes, just too subtle for him) what else can I show to give him a flavor of the theme?

--jenny

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does Elvis' Hawaii movie work?

Cathy

I was around 8 or 9 when I started my love for musical theater and films. That year I saw both Oliver! and The Sound of Music on the big screen. Maybe you could show him several of the musical sequences from South Pacific (suggesting There Is Nothin' Like A Dame, A Wonderful Guy and Happy Talk to name three) just to get the flavor, if he's unable to make it through the entire film.

OT: We've never stayed at the Royal Pacific. Portofino Bay is our Universal Orlando go to. However, I am now intrigued because I did not know it was themed to the South Pacific circa the late '50s when the South Pacific film was released. I must investigate and will consider a split stay next time we head to Universal which will likely be in 2016.

John