Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hatbox Ghost to finally return to Haunted Mansion - FACT, not rumor

Hatbox Ghost to finally return to Haunted Mansion - FACT, not rumor

2. # ADS

Good to know it's official!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that confirmation took long enough.... now I'm waiting for the I told you so's. Lets just move along...

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I would assume that the closure of the HM from May 4-8 is for the Hatbox Ghost installation. That means May 9th he should be ready for visitors. Of course - that's the weekend I am out of town helping my son return from Notre Dame. Maybe a Monday visit? Hmmmm

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Wonderful news! Now I'm just hoping that they won't cover him up for the Nightmare Before Christmas. If they do, I'll have to find a better date than November to come visit.

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't really care about the Hatbox Ghost. Something new is always exciting but I was fine without him.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't really care about the Hatbox Ghost. Something new is always exciting but I was fine without him.
    Ha ha, count me in your number. Any addition is reason for excitement, but I'm not super stoked about this one just because it's the Hatbox Ghost. I hope they'll remodel the attic area so he's not just hovering in the air outside the attic roof.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Blog Entries

The Hatbox Ghost is one of many things to look forward to on our visit to the park on May 17th and 18th....bummer Peter Pan's Flight will still be closed!

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    ....now I'm waiting for the I told you so's.
    I had no problem with the speculation. My big problem came with the folks who saw the initial Disney Blog post about something going in there, read a handful of speculative comments, and made the HUGE jump to the conclusion that it was DEFINITELY the Hatbox Ghost. Until Disney confirmed it (which they just did), it was all still speculation.
    - James Taylor

I love the Haunted Mansion.....it is one of my favorites and always has been. Anything new is very cool and I am excited to see the new dude. He is the HATbox ghost for goodness sake of course I am jazzed.

But here is my question......are they getting rid of another ghost to make way for him because 999 Happy Haunts sounds waaaaaaay cooler than 1000 Happy Haunts. Has anyone heard????

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    I love the Haunted Mansion.....it is one of my favorites and always has been. Anything new is very cool and I am excited to see the new dude. He is the HATbox ghost for goodness sake of course I am jazzed.

But here is my question......are they getting rid of another ghost to make way for him because 999 Happy Haunts sounds waaaaaaay cooler than 1000 Happy Haunts. Has anyone heard????
    May not be an "official" answer, but Q&A on a Disney Parks Blog story seems to infer he was perhaps always present, just not revealing his presence to us foolish mortals... hence still 999.
    -Dave

I took the response in the blog to mean he was there in the beginning so he was already counted in the 999.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just bummed, was really hoping for a loop!

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

So do I sneak a peak on YouTube after the install or wait months to see it for myself?????

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I and made the HUGE jump to the conclusion that it was DEFINITELY the Hatbox Ghost. Until Disney confirmed it (which they just did), it was all still speculation.
    Pretty well founded speculation if you also considered the amount of merchandise released over the past year with his image...up until now, I think that was some of the only merch in the Park to feature a character that didn't actually exist presently. Retro-nostalgia aside, it did have the feel of Disney prepping us for arrival: "'Remember this guy? 'Member?"

I really didn't have any problem with the speculation, either. My problem was with the folks who definitively stated that he was coming back, with only a foundation of speculation to go on.

- James Taylor

Anyone know the date yet for his grand entrance?

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    May 9

I will be checking out YouTube then

My nephew just posted on Facebook that it looks great. Even better than he could have imagined.

That is cool! Can't wait to see it in person.

Blog Entries

so it appears from videos that the body is animatronic and the head is video placed into a space - similar to what has been done on Alice and other rides with specific video enhancements in key locations. In person it will be great (sorry, I'm in Chicago or I'd be there today, or Monday ;-) ). I read on @ParksAndCons that the full ride effect goes through 4 or 5 buggies so if you want to see the entire thing you'll have to be a repeat rider (wow, imagine that).

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Thanks for the link!

Looks great!
    -Dave

Saw a great picture on Instagram.