One of the most popular questions Ive received since the start of this year involves the availability of new Hidden Mickey pins. These 1.25-inch pins are a fun thing to collect or trade with Disney cast members when visiting Disneyland Resort in California or Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Im happy to report that a new series of pins will be released at Disney Parks in April 2015.

Similar to previous collections, there will be unique pins released for trading at each Disney destination. One collection Disney Villain neckties will be found in both California and Florida. I was happy to see Hades, my favorite villain, made the cut.

For Disneyland Resort, there will be a few different collections featuring Disney characters and iconic things from Disney Parks. Im in love with the Mickey Mouse food icons, and the Disney ducks collection is perfect (there is a Darkwing Duck pin!).

Guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort will find pins inspired by Disney character apples from our consumable locations like Main Street Confectionary. Other pins will resemble cast member costumes from popular Disney attractions. My favorite pins, however, are the EPCOT Center logos, which include logos for Horizons, The Living Seas, The Land, Journey Into Imagination and CommuniCore.
There are a few different ways to identify a Hidden Mickey pin. Guests can look for a small Mickey Mouse icon in the artwork. The back of the pin also contains the words Hidden Mickey Pin along with the number of pins in a particular collection (such as 1 of 5, etc.).
These pins are distributed at random to cast members to use for trading. As a reminder, guests may trade a maximum of two pins, per cast member, per day.
New Hidden Mickey Pins Coming to Disney Parks in April 2015 by Steven Miller: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog

More...