Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ready Player One - Post Game Thread

I'm pretty happy with our 18th place finish in basic, but I've got to admit, I jokingly asked my son, "Why'd you have to get so old!"
    This was our first game out of the family division; if we were still in it, we would have won by 76 points!
    That stung a little.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I'm pretty happy with our 18th place finish in basic, but I've got to admit, I jokingly asked my son, "Why'd you have to get so old!"
    This was our first game out of the family division; if we were still in it, we would have won by 76 points!
    That stung a little.
    Oh, that stinks, Jodi! (Although I am kinda glad Team Huzzah! doesn't have to compete against you in the Family Division...and now that Club 34 has mastered.... Well, it doesn't really matter...we kinda suck, lol)

I am content with our middle-of-the-pack rankings...at least we did better this time than we did in Sugar Rush. Huzzah! I'm looking at it "glass half full." We did better than half of the teams! And, surprisingly, factoring in all the Family teams and New teams, we still were about dead center in the rankings of all Basic teams. Now, if we could only get that time management thing worked out! We can figure out the quests...it just takes us too loooong.

DD turns 13 this summer. (With youngest being 13 we're still a Family Team, right? Is it "13 and under," or "under 13"?) She and I may be the only ones able to return to play in the Fall (we've been a 4-player team in the 2 previous MAs). Don't know if that will make it easier or harder. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    DD turns 13 this summer. (With youngest being 13 we're still a Family Team, right? Is it "13 and under," or "under 13"?) She and I may be the only ones able to return to play in the Fall (we've been a 4-player team in the 2 previous MAs). Don't know if that will make it easier or harder. Hmmmm.
    It is "13 and under." Some places in the rules and/or registration say "under 13," but there was a post from AVP a year or so ago that clearly stated "13 and under." Being paranoid by nature I printed it out and included it in my MA clipboard juuuuust in case anyone questioned us.

I think the 2-player vs 4-player thing varies depending on the exact quests you face. Some games, like Sugar Rush, you could probably do just fine with 2 people because there was no multi-tasking. When you get all of the quests up front, a big team is beneficial because everyone can be working on something at the same time. Two people can move faster that four, but four brains know twice as much (maybe ). Our lineup has varied over the years but we've always had a 4-person team. There have definitely been times where there's not enough work to go around, and other times when it's "all hands on deck." You never know.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!