Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World to herald return of “Frozen” Summer Fun with 24-hour party

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Walt Disney World to herald return of “Frozen” Summer Fun with 24-hour party

Frozen Summer Fun returns to Walt Disney World May 17 through September 7 as part of the "Coolest Summer Ever" promotion. The Resort will kick off the 2015 summer marketing campaign with a 24-hour party 6 a.m. to 6 a.m., Friday May 22 to Saturday, May 23.

The Disney press release is below:

Sand Castle in the Snow Announces 24-Hour Event
    To Kick Off Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort
    Olafs Frozen Summer Dream Comes True

BOSTON, Mass. and LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (March 11, 2015) Walt Disney World Resort will kick off the Coolest Summer Ever with 24 hours of nonstop fun during a special event May 22-23 at the Magic Kingdom, hosted by Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from Disneys blockbuster animated hit Frozen.

To announce the 24-hour event and the cool summer season, Disney today brought to life a warm summer scene inspired by Olafs dream, creating a 20-foot-wide beach complete with a Cinderella Castle made of sand in the middle of winter-weary Boston.

Surprised pedestrians near historic Faneuil Hall were greeted by Olaf and joined by playful beach-goers in summer attire with beach chairs and beach balls all reminders of an exciting season of fun ahead at Walt Disney World Resort and a welcome relief from the citys near-record snowfall approaching nine feet.

24-Hour Kickoff to Summer Travel

Memorial Day weekend is the traditional start of family vacation time, and Walt Disney World Resort will launch into the season full force. The Magic Kingdom will be open 24 hours to guests from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m., Friday May 22 to Saturday, May 23*. Guests will be invited to come in costume** to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, special event merchandise, plus food and beverage are on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort.

The around-the-clock celebration features Disney character greetings, dance parties and surprises into the wee hours of the night.

Coolest Summer Ever Brings Excitement Throughout Walt Disney World Resort

During the Coolest Summer Ever, with Olaf as the official host, Walt Disney World guests can get their cool on all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks.

Among the highlights:

Frozen Fun Frozen Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disneys Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.

Cool Thrill Rides Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Dont-miss attractions include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom; Test Track presented by Chevrolet and Soarin at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disneys Animal Kingdom; Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disneys Hollywood Studios.

Star Wars Weekends Guests at Disneys Hollywood Studios will find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15-June 14.

New Restaurants and Shopping Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.

Epcot Entertainment New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.

A Splash at Water Parks A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disneys two iconic water parks Disneys Typhoon Lagoon and Disneys Blizzard Beach. Purchase a one-day water park ticket and park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.

For more information, visit Disneyworld.com/CoolestSummerEver.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Nice to kick off the announcement in Boston. They sure needed a pick-me-up.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

I wonder what this is going to do to the organizers of my daughters senior class trip? That is their last day/night there and usually they have a curfew. I think I'll send the post along to the Dean and give them a heads up about it.