Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Gilroy Gardens

Gilroy Gardens

I know that I saw this park recommended by someone on the boards before. It's about a 2-hour drive for us, a little farther than six-flags (Vallejo) or Great America, but it appears to be very little kid friendly. It's also currently $42 for a season pass, as opposed to $60-$80 for the other N. Cal parks. I was hoping that someone who has been to this park in the last few years would have some tips or information for me. I have a daughter who will be 5 in June and 46" tall, but I also have a nearly 2 year-old son who's not yet 35". Most likely my husband would go with us a few times, and I would take the kids during the summer by myself. I've looked at height requirements, but one thing I'm curious about is the ability to ride with both kids on rides that require chaperones. Any information would be appreciated.

2. # ADS

It should be closer to you. Sorry, but I haven't been to Gilroy since I was a child.

LOL, what do you mean it should be closer? One website said 57 miles, but googlemaps shows me multiple ways to get there from Modesto and they're all about 2 hours.

I was thinking Fresno for you. Gilroy is South of the Bay Area.

I was there a few years ago when it was still Bonafonte Gardens. It is an absolutely beautiful little park. I don't have any kids, but from what I remember it was VERY kid friendly. When they were a bit younger my niece used to take her boys there all the time. They absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl