Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MouseAdventure Ready Player One - Roll Call - March 15

Team Hakuna Matata is back in Basic....no worries!

2. # ADS

Questing is in Our Code (Christy, Kira, Laura) is ready to go for Basic! I'll be 34 weeks pregnant and waddling as fast as my giant belly will allow :-)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    I'll be 34 weeks pregnant and waddling as fast as my giant belly will allow :-)
    You've gotten all the pregnancy advice, right? Don't make Adriennek chase after you with a water bottle! (I only heard of that, not been on the receiving end!) (And I might be overstating it a wee bit)
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    You've gotten all the pregnancy advice, right? Don't make Adriennek chase after you with a water bottle! (I only heard of that, not been on the receiving end!) (And I might be overstating it a wee bit)
    Ha, yes I have! Everyone was really helpful in the chain leading up to the event when I was still debating whether to do it or not. Hydration is key! And my team members have promised to be understanding about bathroom breaks, and even told me they'd push me around in a wheelchair if necessary :-) I don't think it'll come to that, but I'm glad they're flexible!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Ha, yes I have!
    I thought that was you - but wasn't 100% sure, so thought I'd double check!
    And remember, if you're riding a wheelchair, you can do puzzles without fear of running into anyone/thing!
    Cathy

Team Berg Bros is registered basic (forgot to post earlier)
    Michael - Returning
    Brian - New

Mickey and the Chews was short three Chews so I had to find a new team for this event

The New Orleans Squares are sad we aren't participating. But, I'm joining the Dark Side! Can't wait to see what it's like to not be running around in a panic!

-Kelsey

New Orleans Squares

Quote Originally Posted by cookiqueen View Post
    Can't wait to see what it's like to not be running around in a panic!
    Um, that still happens. Just sayin'
    MouseAdventure - You ride rides?

Just read the MA Player email. Sounds like fun! I am tired already. 😉 The theme reminds me of an old video game I used to play called King's Quest. Anyone else ever played that?

Hi There! Team Rescue Rangers (Sean, Lisa, Lindy and Ryan) are back and ready to play. This is our second MA as a basic team.

Quote Originally Posted by gfy4dland View Post
    The theme reminds me of an old video game I used to play called King's Quest. Anyone else ever played that?

Yep!

You should check out Space Age on the iPhone/iPad.
    MouseAdventure - You ride rides?

Team Not-So-Smarties is ready for players 1,2,3 and 4 this time! We've added one of my fellow team members from our Prince Charming and the Principellas team.

Ryan, Veronica, Sherry and Jenny

Sherry

MA Teams:
    Frozen Tangerines; Prince Charming and the CinderPellas; Those People;
    Not-So-Smarties (aka the ONLY team that solved the Sugar Rush Hidden Quest)

Emperor's New Crew is pressing start in the Basic Division, with one new player hooray! SUPER excited about this theme

OMG! Has everyone looked at the 10 day forecast? Right now I'm seeing a high of 93 degrees! Yikes. Start planning your water consumption now!

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    OMG! Has everyone looked at the 10 day forecast? Right now I'm seeing a high of 93 degrees! Yikes. Start planning your water consumption now!
    After being granted a reprieve for the past few MAs, we have to remember how to get prepared for this type of weather haha!

Team All4Mickey is back and ready to go in the basic division with all 4 original players!

Team Pinata getting our first taste of Mouse Adventure in the Basic - Family division. Sam, Stacy and Stephanie
    Really excited to play!!!

MouseAdventure Ready Player One - Roll Call - March 15

Back after a year away, this time it's just me and DH (essentialgeek), no longer a family team. Very excited but scared to tackle this as a pair!

Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaspixie View Post
    Back after a year away, this time it's just me and DH (essentialgeek), no longer a family team. Very excited but scared to tackle this as a pair!
    Do you have a new team name?
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Team Flying Ducks is ready for our basic quest!! 3 out of 4 of our players are new!!
    Kelley, Mike*, Jamie*, and Liz*

Looking forward to a fun and challenging day!

Team Flight of the Navigators is back and ready for basic! One of our team members had to drop due to a baby shower. I tried to convince her that this was more important than some baby but she didn't go for it.

Some people on here have mentioned various ways they stay cool-someone mentioned cool wraps or something they wear around their neck. Is that what they are actually called? And does anyone else have other ideas for new or cool ways to stay cool?

REI has a product called Kafka's Kool Tie for $11.00 that is similar to what was described. I'm sure there are other brands as well.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    REI has a product called Kafka's Kool Tie for $11.00 that is similar to what was described. I'm sure there are other brands as well.
    That's what we use and it's a lifesaver. We pack gallon size ziplocs filled with some ice, then add water and the unhydrated neck wraps when we start getting hot. (They fully hydrate in about 10 minutes.) The ice makes them heavenly. We run them under cool water as needed through the day.

We had some similar items we purchased off eBay, but they left a slimy scum on our necks. That's never happened with this brand.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    That's what we use and it's a lifesaver. We pack gallon size ziplocs filled with some ice, then add water and the unhydrated neck wraps when we start getting hot. (They fully hydrate in about 10 minutes.) The ice makes them heavenly. We run them under cool water as needed through the day.

We had some similar items we purchased off eBay, but they left a slimy scum on our necks. That's never happened with this brand.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I just ran by REI (there's one on my commute home) and grabbed one for each member of my team. I'm hoping for good results-I just remember how much we were dying a few MAs ago, standing in Cars Land in that crazy heat. We all started getting nutty by the end of that one....

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

They're totally make-able, too, possibly not in time for MouseAdventure. I make them as fundraisers for Team MuscleMakers. The beads are buy-able to put in plant soil to retain water between waterings. It's fun because you can customize your fabrics, sizes, etc. But here's a tip: DON'T overhydrate them. the gel oozes out and it gets gross.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe