Wednesday, December 28, 2016
    Thursday, December 29, 2016
    Friday, December 30, 2016
    Saturday, December 31, 2016
    Sunday, January 1, 2017
    Monday, January 2, 2017
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017

I know it is the busiest week of the year though, I would never go at this time if it was up to me. We can send my 16 year old daughter with the group or we can go with her (very $$). Having been to DL twice before I know the lines can be huge etc and I am just trying to work out whether it's even worth considering going with her or not.

2. # ADS

Since you have almost two years to plan and save up the money, you could have a really fabulous trip. I've never been with a dance group but seriously look at the time commitment that will entail and then judge if you will have enough time with out organized activities or places to be, to make it worth it to you to purchase your own tickets.
    My family of four was just there this past December almost exactly these dates, we decided at the beginning of December to go, so we had about three weeks to plan, we did everything, we wanted and then some.
    We have been many times and will go again so we were not stressing about seeing everything, you just can't see everything there are too many parks, and they are too far apart. Part of the day is taken up traveling to each park.

Do lots of research, look at the rides and attractions, decide what is most important and make Fast Pass Plus for those rides, get up early get to the park early ride the other rides.
    WDW is different than DL, yes, it is the busiest time, yes the parks will be extremely crowded but there are four parks and downtown Disney, and water parks, to help spread people out. So with a plan it is entirely do able.
    Have fun planning!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will admit - never been there during that time frame.
    After seeing pictures from this past Christmas season, I dont think I will attempt such either.

I think the best tips are:
    - Make hotel reservations the moment you know you are going - do not wait for specials. (Add them later, if applicable.)
    - A subscription to Touringplans.com would be a great idea.
    - Get to your park of the day at rope drop
    - Expect insane crowds
    - Do what you want first thing in the morning
    - Eat at non-peak times
    - Expect that there will be times when the parks will get to capacity and that you might not get back in once you leave.
    - Enjoy the resorts and/or non-park attractions.

Can a good time be had? Yes. But chance favors the very prepared during this time of year.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Imagine time as you know it stopping and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Oh, wait, that's from crossing the streams...never mind. I haven't been there at Christmas week, just at DL. But it will be busy, crazy so from all accounts. Still better than being at work!

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It would REALLY depend on her commitments to performances. If she's doing performances every day, and that's going to take your groups entire morning and early afternoon, I don't know that I'd want to tag along. (See GusMan's advice about rope drop and off-peak eating)

Cathy

How bad? Christmas/New Year...

Hello. I have been at WDW for the week before and week after Christmas. It is mobbed. I have easter and peak August to compare it to and it is much busier. That said, if you are prepared to get up early it is fine. Christmas to NY week MK opened at 7am every day. If you can't do that due to dance performances I wouldn't bother as you won't get much done. Getting in early and staying ahead of the crowd is essential. We didn't have any problems with ADRs but I booked them all at 180 days for that trip.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Well if you go for the competition and then ditch out on the performances that aren't in the early afternoon and just go to the parks in the mornings...

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A thought... since Jan 2 is a Monday, I am willing to bet that starting that day crowds may end up dropping off. (It really kinda depends on when the kids go back to school.) If you go, dont go with the whole group - go independently. Maybe enjoy a lot of non-park items before New Years then do some park stuff towards the end of the trip.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

My 44th birthday will be on a Monday, bummer! But it IS the premium holiday of the universe, so...

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    It would REALLY depend on her commitments to performances. If she's doing performances every day, and that's going to take your groups entire morning and early afternoon, I don't know that I'd want to tag along. (See GusMan's advice about rope drop and off-peak eating)
    THIS would be my concern, too.

I think if I had been to WDW before, I might feel differently about it. But if it was my first trip and I'd be juggling dance performances and holiday crowds, it would be hard to enjoy it the way I would want to.

Just being honest. If it would be too much of a financial effort to make it happen, I would save up and plan a trip when I knew I could really enjoy it.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Thank you for replying. You've all said things I agree with for sure.

It sounds like we'll have one day for rehearsal and the Downtown Disney performance before 1/1 and one day after 1/1 for the Parade so leaves a lot of free days at leisure but whether we want to spend 6 days at WDW lining up with thousands of people I'm not so sure!

We go every year at this time. MK is pretty crazy the whole time but with the fast pass plus system we have made the last 2 years quite enjoyable, maybe we're just nuts but all the holiday stuff makes it worth it to us We have not found the other parks to be HORRIBLE except avoid Epcot on New Years Eve, it is like nothing you've ever seen before!

Lyndea Ward / Agent
    317-414-8154 cell / 1-888-50MOUSE ext.41
    Moments of Magic Travel, LLC
    lyndea@momentsofmagictravel.com
    www.momentsofmagictravel.com

I think this trip would be what you make of it. Do your research. I haven't been to WDW at this time exactly, but I have been during a Marathon when everywhere was mobbed. Pack your patience because just getting around from A to B will be challenging. It sounds like a crazy chaotic zany fun family memory. Any trip to WDW is worth it.

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by TulaBelle View Post
    Any trip to WDW is worth it.
    +1