Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official: New Disneyland ticket prices effective Feb 22, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GrannyGear View Post
    I am pretty sure you have to lapse 30 days to get a new expiration date. Otherwise it backdated to your previous expiration. DD gets hers paid by her boss so it got renewed about a week late and retained the date. I pay mine so let it go a month since I wasn't planning a trip during that time. I got a new date.
    Good to know. I was more talking about mathmatically making sense, but knowing they will just renew it until a certain time frame is good info to have.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post

And that's a nice way to get fuel reward credits at Safeway!
    Exactly.

So, how likely does everyone feel that there will be a second increase before summer season?

Quote Originally Posted by leota's necklace View Post
    So, how likely does everyone feel that there will be a second increase before summer season?
    I was thinking more likely after summer season but before the holiday season, maybe August.

Blog Entries

My credit union prices are still at old prices. Surprised, as they link to a Disneyland website. ($665)

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by leota's necklace View Post
    Not sure about how likely, but I don't know what they'd bump it to... PAP to 799? Trying to make people deal with the sticker shock earlier and then doing a tiny one later...? If they were going to do another one before all the 60th stuff hits, that would make it, what, late April/early May?
    ~ Kaz
    Any time is food time, when you set your clock on Pooh time!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When carsland year had two increases was it January and May? I believe there will be a 2nd increase but in fall so there is a bump in revenue before the holidays.

Then again their fiscal year ends Sep 30th so they may want the bump before that.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Unless I missed it.. The one item that DID not go up was parking?

Blog Entries

One thing i am happy about is the 40 day window instead of 30 and the immediate application of the upgrade online. I was fortunate that my renewal window was active and very happy I did not have to race down to the ticket booths at 11pm last night.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    One thing i am happy about is the 40 day window instead of 30 and the immediate application of the upgrade online. I was fortunate that my renewal window was active and very happy I did not have to race down to the ticket booths at 11pm last night.
    Yea! ^_^

To me the worse lines are at the Ticket Booth. One of the reason's I have the AP.

I just bought adult 3-Day Park Hoppers at Getawaytoday for $254.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    I just bought adult 3-Day Park Hoppers at Getawaytoday for $254.
    They usually have the old prices for a couple of weeks after the increase.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    My credit union prices are still at old prices. Surprised, as they link to a Disneyland website. ($665)
    There is often a 2-3 day lag after the price increase but before it is pushed out to all of the affiliate sites. It's one of the tricks we recommend for people who missed the price increase. I guess I need to resurrect that thread.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Because my Premium Pass doesn't expire until the end of May I wasn't eligible to renew at the pre-increase prices. I decided to just buy a new passport voucher for $699 last night instead of having to pay $719 (that was the possible renew amount being thrown around last night).

I was reading about a 30-day window being thrown around though. If I just let my current pass lapse when it expires in late May and then use the $699 voucher I bought last night to get a new pass sometime in early June are they going to backdate the expiration and make my NEW pass expire in late May of next year or am I safe in assuming that the NEW pass will expire a year from the date I redeem the NEW voucher no matter what date I decide to redeem it on (even if it's less than 30 days since the last one expired)?

Thanks for any opinions and advice...

Can't believe that when the next price increase happens that it will cost a person over $100 just to do *ONE* park for a day.

When carsland year had two increases was it January and May? I believe there will be a 2nd increase but in fall so there is a bump in revenue before the holidays.

Then again their fiscal year ends Sep 30th so they may want the bump before that.
    Was there one in Carsland year? I dug around a bit and can only find double increases in 2000 (Jan & Nov), 2005 (Jan & June) and 2006 (Jan & Sept). I think it'd make the most sense if they did a bump in late August/early Sept, hitting just before fiscal year ends and in time for the holiday season.

Or they could just not do a double hike this year at all... totally fine with that
    ~ Kaz
    Any time is food time, when you set your clock on Pooh time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D15 View Post
    Was there one in Carsland year? I dug around a bit and can only find double increases in 2000 (Jan & Nov), 2005 (Jan & June) and 2006 (Jan & Sept). I think it'd make the most sense if they did a bump in late August/early Sept, hitting just before fiscal year ends and in time for the holiday season.

Or they could just not do a double hike this year at all... totally fine with that
    you could be right. I did not go an verify the info - but I remember a year when they did a double increase that drove a very heated debate all over the Disney fan base (and here on MousePad) about it. There's always a debate - but that year it seems a lot more intense. I could swear it was a double increase year - but who knows. It's in the past anyway.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    you could be right. I did not go an verify the info - but I remember a year when they did a double increase that drove a very heated debate all over the Disney fan base (and here on MousePad) about it. There's always a debate - but that year it seems a lot more intense. I could swear it was a double increase year - but who knows. It's in the past anyway.
    2000, 2005 and 2006. There is some speculation that 2015 will also be a two-increase year.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    2000, 2005 and 2006. There is some speculation that 2015 will also be a two-increase year.
    Could be.... Last years was in May and this time its in Feb... Would they push the top one over 800?

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong2U View Post
    I was reading about a 30-day window being thrown around though. If I just let my current pass lapse when it expires in late May and then use the $699 voucher I bought last night to get a new pass sometime in early June are they going to backdate the expiration and make my NEW pass expire in late May of next year or am I safe in assuming that the NEW pass will expire a year from the date I redeem the NEW voucher no matter what date I decide to redeem it on (even if it's less than 30 days since the last one expired)?
    It's my understanding that the only time an expiration date is backdated is when it's a renewal, and the guest received the renewal discount. An AP activated with a voucher is considered to be a completely new pass, with a completely new expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseVII View Post
    It's my understanding that the only time an expiration date is backdated is when it's a renewal, and the guest received the renewal discount. An AP activated with a voucher is considered to be a completely new pass, with a completely new expiration date.
    That's my understanding as well. They may need to bring in a lead, but I've never had to wait the month - it's just that you are no longer eligible for a renewal if it is over a month. I believe that the post-expiration renewal is a grace period added primarily after the So Cal passes ceased being available for new purchase - and will now be used for those non-premium passes without parking. If your pass doesn't need to be a renewal, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I just depressed myself by looking up the prices I paid last year for my 2014/15 vouchers. I bought 2 Deluxe and 2 Premier prior to the summer 2014 increase and during a DVC promotion. If I purchased them today, those four passes would cost $740 more than we paid approximately one year ago. We decided to not buy any new vouchers. Three of our passes expire at the very end of December 2015, and I would like to take some time off before we renew again. My son's pass expires in July so I could have bought him a voucher (and I may regret my decision to not buy one if there is a second price increase this summer).

I have in the past detailed the price analysis between renewing a pass waiting to get a new pass. I'm not sure what the current renewal discounts are, so I can't do that math right now. I will say that by discontinuing certain passes/parking Disney has made some of the analysis moot as you must renew if you want to maintain your pass level.

Quote Originally Posted by D15 View Post

I think 2010 was a double increase for APs. That's the last double increase I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I think 2010 was a double increase for APs. That's the last double increase I can remember.
    I didn't join MP until 2008 and there was 1 double increase year after that. 2010 sounds correct.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Could be.... Last years was in May and this time its in Feb... Would they push the top one over 800?
    i think it could happen - though maybe they would move Premium to 799 and then raise Deluxe and others more (though Deluxe is so close, why bother). If they did go past 800 my guess would be they would go to 819 - a 40 increase (half of what happened now). No real reason, just a gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    one day parking?
    If I'm reading your question right, one-day parking at DLR is $17. Unless you're asking if they've increased the one day parking price, then I got no answer.
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013