Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 60th tidbit thread

I personally believe that there is a lot of money going into these new shows and that they will continue for many years.

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    I personally believe that there is a lot of money going into these new shows and that they will continue for many years.
    I was referring more of the actual Anniversary promotion with banners, signage etc. Yes, the new Fireworks show and Nighttime Parade will be around a for quite some time. But at some point, Disney will come up with a new promotion idea and stop announcing limited merch. items relating to the 60th for instance.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    I was referring more of the actual Anniversary promotion with banners, signage etc. .
    Same here. I want to grab pictures, souvenirs, etc. with the logos to go with my 50th stuff.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think u can be confident that the decorations and signage will go at least to the following memorial day in 2016. There are two intangibles though. One is the Holiday time decorations. Who knows what will change the second is the merchandise. Some items will probably be available the whole time while others will come and go throughout the program

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Over 500 items... wow ...
    and they video doens't even show the Decades line which was the most recently previewed before this morning.
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...n-merchandise/

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Anyone else going on the actual 60th Anniv date, Jul 17? We will. I know it will be crazy busy but it's not often you get to go on a big landmark event/date. I really hope something special will be going on that day. But yeah, I also plan on picking up some good anniversary merchandise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Anyone else going on the actual 60th Anniv date, Jul 17? We will. I know it will be crazy busy but it's not often you get to go on a big landmark event/date. I really hope something special will be going on that day. But yeah, I also plan on picking up some good anniversary merchandise.
    i was planning on it but its not clear what, if anything, will be done for that date. They have the official opening of the "period" from May 22 on but what specifics they would do on the 17th? maybe cake, maybe buttons, flash mob dedication speech dance thingy, but I don't know if anything beyond that and the normal operating day. It won't be like the 50th... Stuff will be released/happen throughout the year.

Note - the 17th is a friday. All passes except Premium are blocked.

I know nothing official about that date has or even may be announced but I just think personally it will be cool, noteworthy to know we were there that day.
    We don't have any AP or Socal Pass, etc., just a standard 3 day park hopper. I assume those are ok for that date? I can't see anything online stating the contrary and our Disney booking agent didn't mention it when we booked.

Blog Entries

you are probably OK.

Ok, you freaked me out a bit. I did a little looking online and only see black out dates for AP, SoCal passes, etc. I will probably call our booking agent sometime this week just to make 100% sure. We will be down there for six days total, with three days in the park (two to travel to and from, one day of other activities) so if anything I can shift around a bit

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar
    I was there on 7/7/2007 for the 52nd Anniversray, nothing special except for the 'flash mob' that came out after the Main St. re-dedication. IIRC: there will probably be a dedicated queue for limited edition stuff on that day. As for the merch shown in the preview video, they might run into a problem of keeping items in stock. I'm not sure if they will giving away birthday cupcakes on the 17th or any other knick-kancks. Being a Friday, I expect a 3rd showing of Fantasmic because of the crowds.

Ok, you freaked me out a bit. I did a little looking online and only see black out dates for AP, SoCal passes, etc. I will probably call our booking agent sometime this week just to make 100% sure. We will be down there for six days total, with three days in the park (two to travel to and from, one day of other activities) so if anything I can shift around a bit
    There are no black-out days for regular admission. Annual Passes and special discount passes (like the SoCal discount pass) have block out dates, but regular admission does not. You're fine to go any day you want. I, however, can not go on Saturday from now until our pass expires because Saturdays are blocked on the Deluxe passes during the busier season.

Anyone else going on the actual 60th Anniv date, Jul 17?
    I just realized that I'll be there that weekend. I'm not trying to hit the anniversary - it just worked out that way. Anyone think it's gonna be crazy busy that weekend?
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Probably, Dan, but whaddaway to go!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries

We will be there the 17th. It is usually fairly busy.

Planning 3 trips at once...

We will be there on the 17th. I imagine it's going to be crazy busy.

Blog Entries

60th merchandise event registration is TOMORROW (and it was announced today, well the details)
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...tails-revealed

all this really gets you is first access to limited edition and open edition 60th merchandise, as well as a couple of commemorative gifts, a photopass, and a panel discussion. Also, artists will be available to sign the merch. it truly is a merchandise event.

60th tidbit thread

You get to pay $100 to be first to buy stuff. Seems kind of silly if you think about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    You get to pay $100 to be first to buy stuff. Seems kind of silly if you think about it.
    Well yes and no. Open edition stuff sure. But the limited edition might not make it past opening weekend and u do get to have artists sign their work. If you are a collector and u like that thing then this is your chance to make sure you get it. There's always a set of folks who complain about Disney not making enough of an item or two. Well that's what LE is supposed to mean.

It's not for everyone but a few of the items are nice additions.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I can't figure out why the event is supposed to last two days, unless they're doing registration and packet pickup the night before. Details are still too sketchy. And while I loved pretty much all of the merchandise lines for the 50th, the stuff for the 60th isn't doing anything for me, so I guess that's a good thing. We're passing on this event.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

The itinerary on the merchandise site is sparse. 2 days so u can get your stuff signed and the panel. That's it. I too don't like much of it except the prints. The rest has too much bling for me and the event graphic is odd.

Blog Entries

Live Music Expanding at Disneyland
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...nning-july-17/
    So - I'm on the fence. I like more performances - but that new description for the Disneyland band scares me. Its supposed to be a town's marching band, right? did they have high-energy choreography to go along with Main St, USA?

Next thing you know, they call it a Dance Party.

"with new musical arrangements and themed performances – along with more musicians and high-energy choreography"

Maybe there will be some kind of character presence in addition to Mickey leading it. It does sound odd, but it could be well done.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Live Music Expanding at Disneyland
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...nning-july-17/
    So - I'm on the fence. I like more performances - but that new description for the Disneyland band scares me. Its supposed to be a town's marching band, right? did they have high-energy choreography to go along with Main St, USA?

Next thing you know, they call it a Dance Party.
    I had the exact same thoughts. I hope they don't replace the band members with young kids full of energy. That's not what the band is. Maybe add a color guard like a high school band? I'm excited for new music but I hope they keep some classics. When they say new arrangements and then high energy it scares me. I will wait and see though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I had the exact same thoughts. I hope they don't replace the band members with young kids full of energy. That's not what the band is. Maybe add a color guard like a high school band? I'm excited for new music but I hope they keep some classics. When they say new arrangements and then high energy it scares me. I will wait and see though.
    I wonder if that is how they will use the college band.
    Planning 3 trips at once...