Thread: Spring 2015 - MouseAdventure - Ready Player One

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    He's been contacted.
    Groovy! Thanks Steph
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    Yippee!! Team Huzzah! (family team) will be back...maybe minus one player (DH scheduled to be away on business...it might just be me and the kids). Already booked my room (and it wan't easy...apparently there's a big convention in town)...
    Any word on hotel discounts?
    Mom's on a Mouse Mission - Spring 2010
    Trader Sam's Head Sales Team - Fall 2010, Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015
    MAGCD - Spring 2012

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

I think myself, DH and the kids are going to be in. It'll be DH and the kids first time but I think they're up for it. Now we just need a team name. We just need to make sure we pack plenty of snack for DD11.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    We just need to make sure we pack plenty of snack for DD11.
    Learn from my mistake: don't bribe them with an ice cream when the game is done. We learned that the hard way the first time DS played. He was soooooo sick in the ballroom for the recap. I should have known that heat + exertion + ice cream was a bad idea.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Re: hotel discounts, if you don't have a room booked yet, I'd get one ASAP. As part of that convention I can attest first hand that it's a hard weekend for finding rooms. We book a year out to make sure we get one.

I better start planning! We were going to change our team name to something more "grown up" now that we're not in the family division. Although I disagree, my sons insist that they are less cute and more fluffy than they used to be, so "Team Cute and Fluffy" may be replaced.

We'll see if we can come up with something new (and get new shirts) in time!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Thanks for the ideas/support! I think I'm going to take the plunge :-)
    You can definitely do it and will probably have a great time My advice would be to make sure your day after the event is a super easy day with plenty of time for you to rest. As always, check with your healthcare professional.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I better start planning! We were going to change our team name to something more "grown up" now that we're not in the family division. Although I disagree, my sons insist that they are less cute and more fluffy than they used to be, so "Team Cute and Fluffy" may be replaced.

We'll see if we can come up with something new (and get new shirts) in time!
    can you just be Team Cute and Fluffy (Not)
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

The Was Fluffies!

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Team Less Cute, More Fluffy. Easy peasy.

Do we know for sure yet if we'll need parkhopper tix or if one-park tix will be enough?

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    Do we know for sure yet if we'll need parkhopper tix or if one-park tix will be enough?
    One-park tickets should be fine, but we'll let you know for certain this week.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

If you are registered for the MouseAdventure Newsletter, (and don't use Earthlink or Hotmail or some other wonky ISP), you just received this in your e-mail earlier today.

Ready Player One
    Three keys have been lost inside of Disneyland Park. By correctly solving quests, you will find each key and once you have all three, unlock the final puzzle.
    Oh, and did we mention you will get thrown back into the Disneyland of the 1980s? MouseAdventure Ready Player One is a return to our classic game format with a few twists thrown in.

So, get your team together, sharpen up your hacking skills and get ready to log into MouseAdventure Ready Player One!

Whether you've played every game since 2000 or are forming a team for your very first Adventure, there's a division that will suit you just right! More information about MouseAdventure can be found at www.mouseadventure.com.

Basic Division
    March 15, 2015
    Disneyland Park, and Downtown Disney District

MouseAdventure Ready Player One will put your team on a search for three keys that will unlock a final puzzle through a series of quests and challenges to be solved throughout Disneyland Park and Downtown Disney District.

Registration for the Basic Division is $165 per team, and includes admission to the post-event Award Ceremony. Each player will need admission to Disneyland Park on Sunday, March 15. MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission.

Advanced Division
    March 15, 2015
    Disneyland Park, and Downtown Disney District

If you crave even more of a challenge, register for the Advanced division and try your hand at all of the Basic Division quests at a more challenging level, plus three additional quests!

Registration for the Advanced Division is $175 per team, and includes admission to the post-event Award Ceremony. Each player will need admission to Disneyland Park on Sunday, March 15. MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission.

MouseAdventure - You ride rides?

Is there a place to register as a 'single player' to see if there are teams that want/need more players? I really want to do this one, but I don't have a team this year.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bdresskell View Post
    Is there a place to register as a 'single player' to see if there are teams that want/need more players? I really want to do this one, but I don't have a team this year.
    Yes. Please post here.
    Hakuna Matata

Terminally Pretty

After years of being in "retirement," I kind of want to do this one, but I have to convince DH...I tend to get a little "controlling" during quests

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative...
    "I keep thinking I'm a grown-up, but I'm not."

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have I missed when registration is (more a question for others, since I won't be participating

Cathy

Registration opens Tuesday, February 24 at 9 a.m. Pacific.

Will there be discounted park admission? My teammate doesn't have an AP so we're checking around on the possible discounts on tickets (assuming I don't miss registration due to oversleeping/traffic/no internet connection). Thanks!

- Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!

Blog Entries

I had signed up for the MouseAdventure newsletters on my work email (shhh, I've used an earthlink-related email since I got email and don't want to change everything under the sun!) but didn't get this one. The last one I got was in October 2014. (And yes, I did check my junk email)
    Is the list purged periodically if you don't play/resign up for the newsletter? Or is my employer maybe using earthlink-like blocking software?

Cathy

The list is only purged if we get a bounce. I show that the newsletter went to you and I can see that it has not been opened. Make sure you don't have a filter on your email at work (we have a spam filter at my work) that is separate from your email client. You may just need to whitelist us.

Just curious - would I be correct in assuming the WDW events are similar to the "Basic" level at DL?

Do we know yet what the charity/donation for this game will be?

Woohoo, I see that we will need a camera with a display for this event. Sounds like fun!!!

Tricia: Member of the ORIGINAL Oswald Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
    Just curious - would I be correct in assuming the WDW events are similar to the "Basic" level at DL?
    That is correct.

Blog Entries

Except maybe the 'run all over the place taking photos' seemed pretty advanced to us!

Cathy