Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Avengers 5K - registration sells out in two hours?

Avengers 5K - registration sells out in two hours?

I've heard that registration for 2014 sold out in two hours. Does anyone know if this is right? I may be incommunicado that day (who knows, it happens a decent amount). Do people have a strategy that has worked? I guess I can get a family member to do it, if I can be 100% sure they will be on line and good to go that day and time. Is it just a crapshoot if you can get through to registration?

PS: I'll be posting my questions one per thread, I hope that is OK. This is the last one.

2. # ADS

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertParr View Post
    I've heard that registration for 2014 sold out in two hours. Does anyone know if this is right? I may be incommunicado that day (who knows, it happens a decent amount). Do people have a strategy that has worked? I guess I can get a family member to do it, if I can be 100% sure they will be on line and good to go that day and time. Is it just a crapshoot if you can get through to registration?

PS: I'll be posting my questions one per thread, I hope that is OK. This is the last one.
    That sounds about right. If you have an AP or are DVC you can try for early registration two weeks prior. That also sells out quickly because it's a very limited number of spots. If you can't get in through regular registration you can always get in with a travel provider or a charity group.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries

You can usually get through ok, but it sells out fast. I though Avenger's sold out faster than 2 hours though.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Thanks for the information. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

accroding to the Avengers 2014 team mouseplanet thread - the 5K for AP reg sold out in 52 minutes. For general registration the 5k sold out in 53 minutes (and there were more slots in general reg than AP reg).

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last year was the inaugural - AND there was no 10K. Although Disney hasn't confirmed the 10K, there is no other reason (unless they do something TOTALLY off the wall) for them to start the Expo on Thursday.

Cathy

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Last year was the inaugural - AND there was no 10K. Although Disney hasn't confirmed the 10K, there is no other reason (unless they do something TOTALLY off the wall) for them to start the Expo on Thursday.
    yes - and also note that the 5K truly is for the masses - kids, adults who normally don't run, etc. A fun way to get into some sort of event - and since Marvel is hot right now it added to the hype.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

If they move the 5K to Friday, then we're out. I cannot take the girls out of school. Maybe I can convince them to move up to 10K. The 14 year old can handle it no problem, but the (then) 11 year old might take some convincing.

If they move the 5K to Friday, then we're out. I cannot take the girls out of school. Maybe I can convince them to move up to 10K. The 14 year old can handle it no problem, but the (then) 11 year old might take some convincing.
    We're going to have similar issues. I don't have to worry about them this year though cause DD can still do the kids races. But next year this becomes the issue for us. We might have to skip Avengers and just do Star Wars since that at least falls on a holiday weekend so thats one less day out of school.

Blog Entries
    I've got a 10, 11, and 14 yo running the 10K (14yo will be doing any challenge) and there is plenty of time to practice for the 10K if they aren't injured. And the 10K medals are metal if that helps your argument...
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And I know Fairest's older son has done a couple of the 10Ks, and he's not even double digits (I don't think).

But he is a bit of a speedster/natural athlete/focused runner, so I wouldn't go JUST with him as an example!

Cathy

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those ages can definitely handle the 10k with training! If there is a 10k, the 5k will surely move to Friday. Still no official announcement on that though, even to groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    And I know Fairest's older son has done a couple of the 10Ks, and he's not even double digits (I don't think).

But he is a bit of a speedster/natural athlete/focused runner, so I wouldn't go JUST with him as an example!
    Shhh! He's *cough* ten *cough* because that is the age requirement.

But yes, Drince88 is correct. He's a natural and a speedy one. AND he trains, often. He's definitely not the average 10 year old.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney