Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Monorail Route Modifications in February and March

Whoa! Walt Disney World Monorail Route Modifications in February and March

The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System will undergo refurbishment that will impact the Resort and Express monorail beams on select days in February and March.

The modified routes will be in effect on Feb. 3-5, Feb. 9-12, Feb. 23-26 and March 2-5, 2015 from 11 a.m. 7 p.m. During these times, Monorails on the Resort beam will travel between Disneys Polynesian Village Resort, Disneys Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Magic Kingdom Park. Monorails on the Express beam will now make an additional stop at Disneys Contemporary Resort as they travel between Magic Kingdom Park and the Transportation and Ticket Center.

Resort Guests traveling to Epcot can either board a Monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center and transfer to the Epcot line, or they can take a Walt Disney World Resort bus directly from their resorts to Epcot.

Monorail service will continue to be available from all stations while this work takes place. Monorail operating hours will remain unchanged. Guests may note a difference in the way they board the Monorail and should allow for additional travel time to reach their destinations. Guests staying at impacted Resorts will receive in-room communication upon their arrival.

2. # ADS

Thanks stan4d for the Monorail update.

If I could just add a little something. Last year at this time they also had a change in the Monorail schedule and I was staying at the Contemporary. I had a dinner res for Epcot. I was waiting with some other guests for an Epcot bus. It never came. It turns out that they only had buses running to the TTC and from there it was your choice for transportation to Epcot. Guests at the Contemporary might want to double check their options if they want to take a bus.

Staying at PO next month and so will get re-acquainted with the Disney bus system, but we always ride the mono as a matter of course...

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea