Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Storytelling at Royal Theatre

Storytelling at Royal Theatre

I understand that Frozen has a show here now. Are all the shows Frozen or are there other ones too? Like Beauty and The Beast and Tangled.

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

It's my understanding that Frozen is the only show right now. Same storytellers, Mr. Smythe & Jones. I hope that after all the hoop-lah has died down, they will bring BatB & Tangled back as they are great shows as well.

I want to see the Frozen show, but we still haven't seen Belle, so I really hope they bring it back eventually.

We saw the B&B show this past summer and loved it! Does Fantasy Faire, were they meet the Princesses open when the park opens?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyis4us View Post
    We saw the B&B show this past summer and loved it! Does Fantasy Faire, were they meet the Princesses open when the park opens?
    This summer it did, and we didn't have a line.

As a note to anyone interested, I saw the Frozen show during the Run Disney Star Wars week and enjoyed it way more than I expected to. Lots of jokes for the adults to appreciate throughout. I was sitting with a group of adults and we all really liked the show.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    As a note to anyone interested, I saw the Frozen show during the Run Disney Star Wars week and enjoyed it way more than I expected to. Lots of jokes for the adults to appreciate throughout. I was sitting with a group of adults and we all really liked the show.
    That's great to hear! I look forward to seeing it next weekend. I understand you can get a fp for it. I have a couple of questions: 1) is this fp system off the grid ie not connected to other ones and 2) how quickly do fps go for this show?

Quote Originally Posted by julesann View Post
    That's great to hear! I look forward to seeing it next weekend. I understand you can get a fp for it. I have a couple of questions: 1) is this fp system off the grid ie not connected to other ones and 2) how quickly do fps go for this show?
    2 different things. You can get a FP for the Frozen sing a long in the Muppet theatre in DA.
    The story telling is in the old Carnation stage area of the Princess Fantasy Fair in DL. It doesn't have FP. Previously you got Belle in the morning and Rapunzel in the afternoon (or vice cersa, can't recall at the moment), currently you get Anna and Elsa's story all day.

Where is the fastpass distribution for the sing along? I'd like to know if it's on grid as well. We're going in 3 weeks.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Where is the fastpass distribution for the sing along? I'd like to know if it's on grid as well. We're going in 3 weeks.
    If you are looking at the Muppet Theater, it is on the right side, closer to the exit. It is off the grid.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

It was reported, by a MPer, as being on the grid about a month ago, don't know if it has changed. She didn't mention wher the distribution was, but last I looked, I believe the Muppet machines were still there, perhaps they are in use?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    It was reported, by a MPer, as being on the grid about a month ago, don't know if it has changed. She didn't mention wher the distribution was, but last I looked, I believe the Muppet machines were still there, perhaps they are in use?
    It is a white/blue box, not the Muppet machines. It is portable, just like the Anna and Elsa machine. The CM told a guest they could still get a TOT FP, so I assumed off the grid, I didn't check it though.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Thanks Mal.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    The story telling is in the old Carnation stage area of the Princess Fantasy Fair in DL. It doesn't have FP. Previously you got Belle in the morning and Rapunzel in the afternoon (or vice cersa, can't recall at the moment), currently you get Anna and Elsa's story all day.
    Actually, this is a FP now as well, with a standby line to the side to fill in the spots. The CMs had them in their hand when I was there in mid-January and gave them out as people walked up. I stood in the SB line since the FPs were for two shows away and didn't work for me (I did get in to that show so YAY for me!).
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Actually, this is a FP now as well, with a standby line to the side to fill in the spots. The CMs had them in their hand when I was there in mid-January and gave them out as people walked up. I stood in the SB line since the FPs were for two shows away and didn't work for me (I did get in to that show so YAY for me!).
    Thank you Pammer - so there is a fp, but you get it from a cm not a machine. And, I am assuming it is not connected to the fp system then.

Thanks-Got the 2 Frozen shows mixed up. We want to see the Royal Theater presentation as well.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Ah, good to know Pammer. I hadn't read anyone else saying there were FPs for it now. Did the CM say whether they will continue them past the Frozen time frame?

I believe I am the poster you referenced, candles. I think it's cleared up now, but here's what we experienced:

1. Disneyland: Frozen show at Royal Theater in Fantasyland (Storytelling with Mr. Smythe & Mr. Jones, Anna, and Elsa with live piano music by Sir Samuel of Morocco). There are fastpasses that can be obtained from a fastpass machine (but the CMs enter your ticket for you and hand you the pass). The machine is one of those temporary machines and was located on the circle at the end of Main St. (the entertainment guide calls this the "Central Plaza") There was very poor signage for this. There was also poor signage at the actual entrance to the theater indicating that you needed to obtain a fastpass (tiny lettering on the sign at the entrance.) One unfortunate woman waited for 20 minutes where she had always waited previously, along the side of the theater, only to find out that she needed to have a fastpass to be in that line.

There IS a standby line for these shows as well. About 5 minutes before the show starts, the CMs ask everyone to scoot down on the benches to fill all empty space, then allow folks from standby in a few at a time. We saw the show once on the opening day (Jan 7th) and once again Jan 16th. Both times we saw the show (one with a FP, one in standby line) the floor seating for children was all taken by FP patrons. So, If you really want the kiddos to be up close, I recommend you get the FP and don't wait until the last minute to enter the theater. For this show, the CM handing out FPs said it is NOT on the grid.

2. California Adventure: For the First Time in Forever Frozen Sing-along show in the old Muppet Theater (now called the Crown Jewel Theater) has FP as well as a standby. This is a much larger theater, and when we went (Jan 5th) there were PLENTY of seats for the standby folks. I believe I read here (in a weekly update, perhaps?) that these FPs ARE on the grid. I don't know that from personal experience though. We went straight to the standby queue for one of the first shows of the day and had no trouble getting seated.

Ah, good to know Pammer. I hadn't read anyone else saying there were FPs for it now. Did the CM say whether they will continue them past the Frozen time frame?
    I don't think there is a set time frame for the Frozen show at Royal Theater (in Disneyland). When I asked about the other 2 shows (Tangled and Beauty & the Beast) the CM said they "hope to have at least one of them return at some point in the future." Doesn't sound like it'll happen any time soon.