Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fastpass Enforcement on Times

Fastpass Time Window?

I am planning a trip with my family to Disneyland in August. We have not been for two years. I have read some things here that have made me wonder--are they enforcing the fastpass time window now? They certainly were not two years ago. I have just read about people wanting to ride Radiator Springs Racers at night and wanted to get a fastpass for that time. Has something changed, or can you still use a fastpass anytime after your window opens?

2. # ADS

They are now enforcing the 1 hour window.

They have been enforcing for over a year now.

So I am assuming that is true for all fastpass rides--not just Radiator Springs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    So I am assuming that is true for all fastpass rides--not just Radiator Springs?
    Yes all fast pass times are enforced.

Fast Pass TIMES ENFORCED

Long story short: For the first time in 14 years of using Fast Passes at Disneyland and our 7th with my sister's family, we were turned away from Indiana Jones because the window of our fast pass time was far past, also meaning we wasted 2 other sets of fast passes. Of course, guest services at the Grand Cal was wonderful and we were given 2 anytime passes and were able to take my nieces on Indiana Jones for their first time! Also, it turns out the rule is you HAVE ONE HOUR AFTER to use the fast pass. So for example, your time is 11:00-12:00, you have until 1 to use the pass.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

They have been enforcing the return times for a while now, I thknk at least a year.

Ditto what oregontraveler said. Sorry you were unaware of the enforcement--I believe they've placed signs atop all the Fastpass kiosks as well to reiterate this. It was a bit of a bummer during our last few visits, as were likely followed a similar touring style to you-- collecting FP and using them in the mid-late afternoon when crowds were nuttiest. That's really nice that the Grand provided you with passes to make up for your confusion though!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smallnaprider View Post
    Long story short: For the first time in 14 years of using Fast Passes at Disneyland and our 7th with my sister's family, we were turned away from Indiana Jones because the window of our fast pass time was far past, also meaning we wasted 2 other sets of fast passes. Of course, guest services at the Grand Cal was wonderful and we were given 2 anytime passes and were able to take my nieces on Indiana Jones for their first time! Also, it turns out the rule is you HAVE ONE HOUR AFTER to use the fast pass. So for example, your time is 11:00-12:00, you have until 1 to use the pass.
    I would be very careful with this info as I saw a family turned away from Racers for being 40 mins late. I think the cast member was telling you you had 1 hour to use the pass. The unwritten rule is they will accept it 5 mins prior to 15 mins past the time on the FP.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I would be very careful with this info as I saw a family turned away from Racers for being 40 mins late. I think the cast member was telling you you had 1 hour to use the pass. The unwritten rule is they will accept it 5 mins prior to 15 mins past the time on the FP.
    Yeah, the signs are very clear that the return time is during the one-hour window printed on the pass. Also a good idea to keep in mind travel time if you're far enough away from the attraction. Parades and shows and other unexpected obstacles could lengthen the amount of time it takes you to get back to the attraction, not to mention being stuck on another attraction.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Ditto. I have seen people turned away who were 10 min late at Star Tours. We were 5 min late for Indy once and had to beg to be let in.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Fastpass question [enforcement of return time]

I tried to search this, but couldn't find anything so....It's been a year since I've been to DL and we are going next week! yay! When we went last year you had to use your fast pass for Radiator Springs Racers during the allotted time on your fast pass and they wouldn't let you on if it was after, but on all the other rides for both DL and CA you could still use them anytime after the allotted time and I was wondering if that is still true? or did they change it for all rides that you HAVE to come during the time on your fast pass? Thank you so much!

All fast passes in both parks must be used within their window.

The good news is, that you can get another fp right away after getting RSRacers fast pass, WOColor fp, and I think also CA Screamin' fp (though the 3rd one I am not sure of- someone else here will be able to confirm or deny it)

"Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved, or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress." -Gandhi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraTD View Post
    All fast passes in both parks must be used within their window.

The good news is, that you can get another fp right away after getting RSRacers fast pass, WOColor fp, and I think also CA Screamin' fp (though the 3rd one I am not sure of- someone else here will be able to confirm or deny it)
    Actually, this changed a couple months ago. Racers is now back on the grid. I haven't checked Screamin' yet. Rumor is it is back on also.

At the bottom of your fastpass it will tell you what time you can get the next fastpass. It will either be after your fastpass time starts or if your FP is not valid until 2 or more hours out, it will be 2 hours later.

Dare I hope this means Racers FP is not running out in the mornings like it used to? Do you still need to get in line early in the morning in order to get a FP? More likely the 2 hour time limit to get a new FP took care of the issue of the Racers FP return times being so long.

YES...we ended up being turned away from Indiana Jones (?!!) and we walked back to the Grand Cal where we were staying and my husband spoke with Guest Services. The guy tried to justify the rules, but my husband made it clear how UNDisney it is to be turned away from a ride the day you have a fast pass, not to mention we are premium annual pass holders and guests at the Grand Cal which is $$$$ for us. So we were given free anytime passes. We also emailed and talked to Disney guest Services to resolve it and told them to make it mUCH clearer on the fast pass distribution centers as well as the website!

Lightbulb Warning: Check your fast pass

We were actually turned away from INdiana Jones even though our fast pass was for that day. The young kid said it was too late period. We lost out on three other attraction fast passes cause they haven't enforced this in the 14 years we've been using fast passes at DL and going to DL. My husband walked back from Adventureland to the Grand Cal where we were paying and we all know it's VERY PRICEY guests. He spoke to the guy at the Guest Services desk about how upset we were and how UNDISNEY it is to be turned away from a ride for a technicality???!! Walt himself hated stupid rules like this. So even though the guy tried to justify the rule, he gave us anytime passes for our family and I emailed Disneyland Guest Services. That guy understood completely and called me personally to discuss the matter and sent us more anytime passes as an apology.

While you were getting the fastpasses - did you notice the rather prominent signs they placed in/around them stating that the return times were now being enforced? Yes, they changed the enforcement policy a while ago, but they did their best to communicate this change.

I think that the rule is justified, although it was a big adjustment for the way that we tour the park. I'm sorry it caught you unaware.

RSR FP is definitely the first place most people go to when they enter DCA. So FPs for it are exhausted by early afternoon at the very latest. Most times, on busier days and when DCA has Magic Mornings, they can be gone by around noon.

Screamin' is definitely back on the grid. I've checked. Happened the same time RSR went on the grid.

World of Color is the only FP you can grab in DCA while also possessing an outstanding FP to another attraction.

Hope this helps!

"The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

YES...we ended up being turned away from Indiana Jones (?!!) and we walked back to the Grand Cal where we were staying and my husband spoke with Guest Services. The guy tried to justify the rules, but my husband made it clear how UNDisney it is to be turned away from a ride the day you have a fast pass, not to mention we are premium annual pass holders and guests at the Grand Cal which is $$$$ for us. So we were given free anytime passes. We also emailed and talked to Disney guest Services to resolve it and told them to make it mUCH clearer on the fast pass distribution centers as well as the website!
    When we were there they had signs at the FP distribution that you must return in the hour time frame. I do NOT think it's "unDisney" to make people follow the rules. I don't care what pass you have or where you stay, the amount of money you spend does not make you immune to the rules. This is NOT new.

Blog Entries
    So, you didn't see the writing on the ticket itself that said "Late Arrivals will not be accommodated"?

Or the sign similar to this on the Fast Pass distribution machines (I can't find a picture of the ones on Indy, but it was the same wording.) They have been there for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince
    When we were there they had signs at the FP distribution that you must return in the hour time frame. I do NOT think it's "unDisney" to make people follow the rules. I don't care what pass you have or where you stay, the amount of money you spend does not make you immune to the rules. This is NOT new.
    Totally agree.

I'm happy they're enforcing and standing strong on the return times and the posted rules! They are clearly written on a sign on each of the Fastpass machines I have encountered since the change.

It keep the lines short and people smart about how to use their Fastpasses.

That "technicality" you speak of is a well posted and advertised rule. I'm surprised to hear Premium APs* aren't aware of it. It was a topic of discussion here on Mouseplanet and other Disney forums.

*Basing the AP statement off of your post in another thread.

You drank my weights?!? ~MDM

Blog Entries
    We were actually turned away from INdiana Jones even though our fast pass was for that day. The young kid said it was too late period. We lost out on three other attraction fast passes cause they haven't enforced this in the 14 years we've been using fast passes at DL and going to DL. My husband walked back from Adventureland to the Grand Cal where we were paying and we all know it's VERY PRICEY guests. He spoke to the guy at the Guest Services desk about how upset we were and how UNDISNEY it is to be turned away from a ride for a technicality???!! Walt himself hated stupid rules like this. So even though the guy tried to justify the rule, he gave us anytime passes for our family and I emailed Disneyland Guest Services. That guy understood completely and called me personally to discuss the matter and sent us more anytime passes as an apology.
    Yes, the rules went into effect in Feb of 2013. They have the enforcement written on the fast pass itself.

And they have signs on the distribution machines.

I'm not sure why it matter that you have an PAP and are staying at the GCH. Rules apply to everyone.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Ditto. It was nice when you could use them anytime but it's been a requirement that you use them within the allotted window for quite a while now.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

not to mention we are premium annual pass holders and guests at the Grand Cal which is $$$$ for us.
    Oh PLEASE tell me you didn't seriously pull the "We are premium annual pass holders and spend lots of money" card. As a Premium AP, I am ashamed. Thanks for continuing to give the rest of us a bad name. It's not an excuse to ignore the rules.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl