Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: VGF Points + OKW Points = Win?

TAKE MORE PICTURES!

VGF Points + OKW Points = Win?

I see OKW points are pretty cheap, and VGF are the most expensive, I was wondering, if I purchased the minimum of 50 points from DVC for VGF, and another 100-200 points resale for OKW, and I wanted to stay in a 1 bedroom December 7th, 2015 through December 11th, 2015, would that work? Would the 50 points for VGF get my foot in the door, and the points from OKW keep me there?

I am still researching getting my first membership, so I will probably have many more questions

Ok, here are two more off the top of my head....

1) Is Late February and Early December busy for DVC, at least at VGF and BLT?

2) How many points does the average DVC member have?

I am hoping to go to WDW 2x per year, as that was a nice experience last year. And now that I have a clue as to the layout of the parks, times to go, etc, etc, I feel 4 nights/5.5 days at a time seems perfect....

Thanks!

DLR:I go all the time, MANY MANY times a year! About 2x a month right now

WDW: I was there in 72, maybe 82, but I was definitely there 2006 and 2007!!

Bring back ElecTRONica!!

2. # ADS

I'm not a DVC expert but I can answer your first question: For the 11 month priority reservations, you can only use points that you own at that resort. They actually will tell you when you make the reservation what contract is being used. So if you do not have enough points to make a reservation at the 11 month window, then it will not let you use other points to make up the difference. You are able to pool all of your points at the 7-month mark, but at that point owning at VGF would be irrelevant, you could just have all of your points at OKW (or elsewhere).

You can use the point charts to see what Disney considers to be the slow periods - they are the times that cost the least points. But do keep in mind that this makes them popular for those who can afford to travel during those times, since you get the most out of your points.

I don't know how many points and average member has. You stated that you want to go 4 nights, twice per year. I would recommend looking at what resorts you are interested in staying at and calculating the number of points you would need for your trips and buying a little bit more than that. You can bank points from year to year as needed, and then maybe stay a 5th night every once in a while to burn them off.

Keep in mind that Disney can and does adjust the points needed for a stay based on usage patterns. The total for a resort will not change, but the total for any given trip can and does. The most obvious examples are that spring break is a peak period tied to Easter, so it adjusts annually based on when Easter falls. A less obvious example was when a DVC resort responded to feedback that some of the lower level rooms did not have the "view" that the members were being charged for, so they reclassified those rooms as not view and had to adjust all of the points to make up for the change. I recall a number of people were quite upset because they had bought the exact amount of points they expected they would need and were suddenly a bit short. Buying a bit more than you think you will need would help avoid that sort of unpleasant surprise.