Mouse Tales' David Koenig: Always Open

Always Open by David Koenig

Disneyland considers expanding 24-hour parties

Read it here!

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Re: Staying open 24 hours - It seems to me that one of the draws of the 24-hour thing is the rarity of the event. If they were regularly open 24 hours, I wonder if the event would still be as popular? Also, besides staying open 24 hours, haven't they introduced special menu items, entertainment options and unique signage, maps, etc? How pragmatic will it be to keep up those practices? As the events become more common, I would expect the cost-benefit ratio to close in? Although, if they focus on already-crowded holidays, or times where they're already providing extra experiences such as Halloween and Christmas, I imagine they would need to provide fewer special activities to bring in crowds.

This reminds me a bit of the special Passholder nights in the 1990s. And we used to have to pay extra for those events. Will that be next? Mix-in and pay extra for the ticket that allows you to stay in the parks between 11 pm and 8 am?

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

24 hours on Christmas would really be a final straw to me.
    Oh, and nevermind the stress these events put on the attractions.