Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2015 Trip Reports

Quote Originally Posted by josephfive View Post
    Oh my he's getting big. Looks like his sister too.
    This. First thing I thought. He is so big.

2. # ADS

Dec. 22

Dear daughter and I stole away for a late nighter. We hit up the In-n-Out on the way in and arrived to find the crowds had been cleared out by some rain. It didn't rain while we were there 6:00 to 11:30 and the temps were bearable. What luck.

A lot of e-tickets had little to no line, so it was an action filled night: Indiana Jones Adventure, Star Tours, Splash Mountain, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Twilight Zone ToT, Francis, Toy Story Midway Mania 3 times, and Radiator Springs Racers.

some pictures
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Dec. 20 & 26

The 'annual' in our annual passes draws to an end soon. As is custom, we'll not get another set of passes for at least another 12 months. There's always a measure of sadness to finish the year, but it's tempered by knowing we'll be back, eventually, to visit all our favorite things. But this time is slightly different. I have the feeling of being on a farewell tour. A lot of permanent goodbyes this time around ...
    Goodbye to the Genie and our favorite stage show, Aladdin:

Goodbye Big Thunder Ranch BBQ:

Goodbye Rivers of America as we know it. When it finally does reopen, it may be just 2/3 its current size. As this David Koenig article indicates, the river is undoubtedly subject to alteration to accommodate Star Wars Land. I hope I'm wrong, but I felt I was seeing the last of the chief and Indian village:

Goodbye Soarin' Over California. Before it's overhauled into Soarin' Over the World, I was sure to snap a picture of each of its 13 scenes. Here's one.

The kids got to participate in the new Jedi show with its fancy new title: Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. I'm not sure if the show is any better (it seems a lot more scripted) but I'm glad to report that gone is the anxiety of getting your kid picked for the show. By signing up in advance, all three of mine went on. Coincidentally, the boys were fighting at the same time.
    Here's youngest on the floor battling Vader, while oldest is on stage versus Vader's sister or some such character:

Then DD trained:

We really enjoyed Hyperspace Mountain, so much that we made it a point to ride it again the second trip.
    These trips were a throwback to the "up at 6:00 am and in the parks at rope drop" days of a few years ago. As a result, we rode and saw a lot.

Dec. 20 photo album
    Dec. 26 photo album

With four days left on our passes there's a trip, if not two, left to be had. I've yet to get in my final round trip on the current version of the Disneyland Railroad. At the very least I have to check that off the list. For better or worse, when I see it again in several years - like so much of Disneyland - it will look unlike I remember it.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

She is the Seventh Sister. I *think B said she may be in the current TV show, but she may be made up for this show.

The happy innocence on Walt's face at Aladdin tugs at my heart. We are all mourning the show. We also just do not see Frozen (we love it, but..) having the staying power of Aladdin, namely Genie.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    We are all mourning the show. We also just do not see Frozen (we love it, but..) having the staying power of Aladdin, namely Genie.

The more I think about, the more disappointed I become. Your remark about staying power is so true. I mean, what brought us back to see the show beyond the 1st and 2nd viewings? The Genie - his sense of humor, his one liners that poked fun at everything from contemporary politics to pop culture.

While Frozen the Musical may be good (even great), I see it as a one-and-done. That is, I'll see it once or twice and likely never get the urge to go back. Conversely, I can't count on two hands the number of times I've been to Aladdin since my now 11-year old came of age.

Is it possible Olaf will be the new Genie-like character?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    Is it possible Olaf will be the new Genie-like character?
    We have discussed this and the character just doesn't support this. They qill have to try, but we still don't see this as a long term show.