Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Trip Reports

@MidwayManiac - were the Starbucks mugs plentiful now? My cousin is going next week (we won't be there until July) and I want to send her with some money to pick them up.
    Also, does anyone know if the Starbucks locations in the parks take payment via the Starbucks app?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    @MidwayManiac - were the Starbucks mugs plentiful now?
    Yes, and the barista I spoke to said the mugs aren't being discontinued any time soon.

I will add that on my previous visit (Feb. 23) Market House was out of stock. Fiddler, Fifer, & Practical has had a steady stock of the DCA mug. If your cousin happens to not find one or both of them, I'd guess it's a "out of stock" issue and not a discontinue issue. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you find them here in July still.

If anyone at/ visiting the Orlando parks is reading this and wants to make an even exchange for a couple of the park mugs there, let me know. I'm more than happy to accommodate and would love to add a couple to my collection. The prices for the mugs on Amazon and ebay is outrageous. On general principal I'm not paying it.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

@midwaymaniac iam going to Disney World in August if you don't mind waiting. Hopefully they would still have them. If they still have the mugs I would be more than happy to pick them up for you. I don't need an exchange though. I can see if I can ship them to you directly.

Yes, you can pay via the app. In park, they can't access any free items (not corporate) or add to your balance, I believe the stars count, and you can get AP discount.
    DtD, is a corporate and can access your free items, and add balance if you need to. I don't think they give AP discount though (might have changed.)

There was no AP discount at the DtD location the last time we were there.

Are the mugs available at the DTD store?

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

From what I understand the mugs are only available at the locations in the respective parks, not at DTD

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    There was no AP discount at the DtD location the last time we were there.
    Thanks Tea. I knew they didn't before, but never know when something changes.

Quote Originally Posted by WITron View Post
    Are the mugs available at the DTD store?
    No. Some of the Starbucks "You are here" series are in the DtD store (for instance Los Angeles, San Diego, San Fran, etc.), but the Disney Starbucks "You are here" mugs are only in their respective parks.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by suejacken View Post
    @midwaymaniac iam going to Disney World in August if you don't mind waiting. Hopefully they would still have them. If they still have the mugs I would be more than happy to pick them up for you. I don't need an exchange though. I can see if I can ship them to you directly.

That's a wonderful offer, thanks. I'll check in with you before your trip.

Okay. I will be in Disney from Aug. 14th to the 23rd

March 21

Your recommendations (I'm looking at you Candles and j5) about the phone provided the nudge I needed to get up and make it happen, and just in time for this trip. Although we weren't anywhere close to losing battery life, we didn't take very many pictures tonight. But I think the improved quality on the image (above) is apparent.

There is a brand spankin' new In-n-Out burger on State College Blvd. near Ball Road we had to try. We were coming from oldest's soccer match in Corona and pretty hungry. Waiting to get in the park and track down food from 5 different places wasn't appealing. That store, I have to say, is THE. FASTEST. In-n-Out I've ever experienced. Not germane to the trip report but I just had to give it a shout out.

Apparently I need to keep my ear to grindstone a little better. If I had, I'd have known it was USA Nationals Cheer Exrtravaganza weekend and the parks would be at capacity. Not that it would've deterred us but we'd have been less surprised. DW's mom joined us for the trip. Everyone rode Mater's, Aerial's, HM, Casey jr., Star Tours 2, and Autopia. Oldest two kids got in on Screamin', Indiana Jones Adventure (the only two rides besides Goofy's that the little fella is too little for) and Francis (youngest was busy getting a dog at Award Weiners during this), and youngest did Symphony Swings and Buzz's Astro Blasters.

While we parked it at French Market for a bit and a 12 pack of beignets, it became obvious youngest has a growing curiosity about Fantasmic! I'm going to try out this new fastpass and take him some night. Making our way along Big Thunder Trail, the Spring Roundup looked like a big hit, although crowded so we pressed on. Looking forward to seeing that for the first time.

photos

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    No. Some of the Starbucks "You are here" series are in the DtD store (for instance Los Angeles, San Diego, San Fran, etc.), but the Disney Starbucks "You are here" mugs are only in their respective parks.
    Thanks for letting me know. I will be at DTD on Friday, but will not be going to the parks. I was wanting to get one for my wife, but it looks like that is out.
    I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

We love the new In'N'Out, too. Not only fast, but the most cheerful INO employess we've ever seen (and that's saying a lot!). If you like Vietnamese sandwiches (bahn mi), there is a nice little shop in the neighboring strip mall (behind the car wash) called OC Rotisserie Chicken. Very nice owners, inexpensive and generous sandwiches. We stop there often for sandwiches to eat in DtD.

Doesn't Goofy's have the same height requirement as Grizzly River Run at 42"?

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    If you like Vietnamese sandwiches (bahn mi), there is a nice little shop in the neighboring strip mall (behind the car wash) called OC Rotisserie Chicken. Very nice owners, inexpensive and generous sandwiches. We stop there often for sandwiches to eat in DtD.
    Thanks, will definitely be going there

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    Doesn't Goofy's have the same height requirement as Grizzly River Run at 42"?
    Know what, you're right. And Matterhorn bobsleds has the same height requirement. By the time those rides reopen, he may be tall enough.

Next time you're at the park have him measure up against the height mark at Goofy's. If a CM sees he's too short, they may give him a FP to ride when he's tall enough. They gave my daughter one.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    Next time you're at the park have him measure up against the height mark at Goofy's. If a CM sees he's too short, they may give him a FP to ride when he's tall enough. They gave my daughter one.
    Will do. That brings back a memory.

Another of my kids tried to measure up to ride the Maliboomer. The CM gave him a FP for the future when he (or maybe she, I can't remember) would be tall enough to ride. He was at least 4 inches too short and this was roughly a week or two before Maliboomer closed forever. I bit my tongue but was thinking "Wait, what? Not sure if serious, dude. But thanks."
    Last edited by MidwayManiac; 03-26-2015 at 12:04 PM.

March 25

Oldest is a Walt Disney junkie and was instantly hooked the first time we attended Wednesdays with Walt a few weeks back. He's been itching to get back ever since. I realized just how big a junkie he is when he looked at this picture in the Opera House foyer tonight and said "Dad, Walt Disney had two daughters but this picture has three little girls. The third one must be a cousin." The biography he recently researched on Walt wasn't taken lightly.

The night's episode from the Disney vault was More About the Silly Symphonies and aired Apr. 17, 1957. The premise, described by Walt, was viewers wrote in and inquired about the inspiration for the Silly Symphonies. In this episode, Walt eloquently details 5 of them. 1. Water Babies 2. Grasshopper & Ants 3. Farmyard Symphony 4. Wynken, Blynken, and Nod 5. Who Killed Cock Robin. It's fascinating to hear Walt describe the backstory to each symphony. Most have roots in ancient or medieval moral stories, fables, myths, fairy tales, and/ or nursery rhymes. As seemingly only he can, Walt provides the context for how each story came about and you realize the Silly Symphonies - although produced in the 30's - were decades if not centuries in the making. He was so prolific as a creator and gifted as a speaker, teacher, historian, and storyteller. The Silly Symphonies are watchable on their own merit, but getting the context ahead of time from WED makes them far, far more enjoyable.

The boy got his favorite meal, per the usual. We did a 5 pack of rides and called it a night. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Autopia, and Radiator Springs Racers. He was pretty stoked to stumble upon the recently opened Smokejumpers Grill and we snapped a picture. Perhaps this means he'll eat a meal from somewhere other than Pizza Port someday. Here are few pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    I realized just how big a junkie he is when he looked at this picture in the Opera House foyer tonight and said "Dad, Walt Disney had two daughters but this picture has three little girls. The third one must be a cousin."

On second look, those aren't even Walt's daughters. That pic appears to be from the apartment above the fire station early 1960's and those girls (I'm guessing) are Diane Disney Miller's three girls born '56, '57, and 60.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Wednesdays with Walt Questions

Is Wednesdays with Walt held every Wednesday, or just certain ones? How do you find out about them?

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Is Wednesdays with Walt held every Wednesday, or just certain ones? How do you find out about them?
    click me. Through July 22.

And see this posts (skip to the end) about general tips to stay apprised of special AP events.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Thanks for the info! They are covering the Golden Horseshoe Revue on 4/15 (my arrival day) and I would definitely love to see it!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021