MousePad Community Leader
What is an ignore list?
The ignore list is used for those people whose messages you do not wish to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, messages posted by your ignored individuals are hidden when you read a thread.
The ignore list is handy if some members irritate you; it's also a good way of staying calm without blowing your top when you know that you get upset by certain members regularly. However, keep in mind that putting a member on your ignore list means you may also miss out on certain portions of an ongoing discussion. Putting a member on your ignore list also does not remove portions of their text that are quoted by others.
07-19-2002 11:54 AM
Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior
How can I ignore someone?
Q: I don't like reading posts by someone on MousePad, and I don't feel like arguing with that person anymore. Does MousePad offer an option to ignore certain people?
A: Yes. Read Lani's "What is an Ignore List?" FAQ for more information on why this feature exists and the limitations in its use.
How to add a MousePad member to your ignore list:
- If the member is a subscriber and has an avatar, click the avatar image next to a post by that member. Or, click the member's name and select View Profile from the menu.
- A new browser window will open titled "MousePad - View Profile". In the left column under the member name, click Add to Ignore list. You will receive a confirmation message and then be returned to the View Profile window, which you may now close.
To remove someone from your ignore list:
- Open your own Profile by clicking My Profile at the top of any MousePad page. Your profile will open.
- Click Edit Ignore List on the left menu. Your Ignore List will display.
- Follow the instructions on that page to remove names from or add names to your Ignore List, then click the [Save Changes] button.
It is inappropriate and strongly discouraged to publicly state that you are putting someone on Ignore. Don't do it.
Last edited by Andrew; 04-20-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Reason: add "don't do it" / updating FAQ for new vB