Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Knotts and Universal hours?

Knotts and Universal hours?

This is my first trip to SoCal without a Disneyland component. Never felt so lost in my life! (have visited Disneyland a dozen times over the past 9 years). On our last trip, we visited Knotts for a day and enjoyed it. This trip, we will be arriving in SoCal with the intention of visiting Knotts and Universal (never been before). I can't for the life of me find operating hours for Knotts in early March 2015. I know these parks generally release hours only 2 months ahead, but does anyone have an idea of what their historical hours have been like? We're traveling March 7-11 and want to plan a couple of days at Universal and a few days at Knotts.

We'll be purchasing a 2 day USH pass from Costco Canada for $90 and probably a season pass for Knotts (because the annual pass is $80 but a single day is anywhere from $40-$65). Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

I would suggest calling directly, you might get a better idea of their hours in March. While I haven't been to Knotts in over 35 years. I was at USH in 2012. They seem to close early, around 5-6pm, but I thinks its because they don't have alot of park lighting.

At USH: Harry Potter Land is still under construction, but they have opened the Minion ride and Transformers (on the lower level) is fantastic.
    I believe that the Springfield addition (new restaurants & shops) might be open by then too.

I can't say anything about Knotts, except the hired Billy Hill & The Hillbilles after their Disney contract expired. Bob Oiumet, who was the DL President during the 50th Anniversary. is now CEO of Cedar Fair Which owns Knotts. and they have been making some nice improvements over the years to make it more family friendly.

Midweek, off season, Universal Hollywood tends to close at 5 or 6. We went on a Saturday in September and the park closed at 7. We always do 2 Universal days, because we go off-season. It is hard to time all of the shows just right and ride everything, plus the tram tour, but we love the lower crowds. Don't miss Waterworld!!! Easily, the best stunt show anywhere.

It has been a few years since we did a Knott's day. Off-season, I know one of our trips had a 6 PM close, 10 on weekends maybe.?