Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Does anyone know what is being built behind Mimi's on Harbor?

Does anyone know what is being built behind Mimi's on Harbor?

While staying at Fairfield Inn during our last DL trip, I couldn't help but notice (and listen to) the construction behind Mimi's on Harbor. It looks like it's going to be a 2-3 story hotel, judging by the layout. I was just wondering if anyone out there knew what this building is going to be.

Thanks!

2. # ADS

That is a cast member lot. When we were there in September it looked like a small parking structure being built on the lot.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

I actually noticed there are two different structures--so maybe one is the cast parking and the other the hotel?

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not sure about the lot, but there will be a Courtyard Waterpark Hotel there, designed by the HoJo people.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

I have heard rumors, on another page, about the Pumbaa lot. This is the one off Disney way. Mostly a CM lot but turns into overflow for peak seasons.
    I guess TDA wants to go vertical with this lot and have bought other land parcels over the last few years. Its a matter of timing to get the budget approved to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toocherie View Post
    I actually noticed there are two different structures--so maybe one is the cast parking and the other the hotel?
    I was just looking at the street view on Google. It does look like 2 separate structures. (date was Nov 2014 on the images).
    Interestingly, the second structure is where the parking and part of the buildings for the Quality Inn and Suites were. I wonder if they are adding on perhaps.

Wow! it looks like at least the 3 north buildings including the gift shop, and the outside breakfast area are gone.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

I think the gift shop building is the one you can see, it was even with the office (we were in a room behind the gift shop and facing the breakfast room, so that is still there, too. But yeah.
    I was looking at where the new holiday Inn was going, and went up the street to check it out.

Manchester hotels construction

I can't find the other 2 threads we have discussed this in to update there.
    We drove down Manchester on Saturday.
    There are 2 hotels going up in that space. On the former CM lot space is one hotel, that seems like it took part of Mimi's parking as well. (I can't recall which brand though, one of the major ones)
    The space that was the Quality Inn and Suites parking lot and the north half of the buildings is the new Holiday Inn Express. The address given online shows it as further down the street towards the Pumbaa lot.
    Previously, with a google street view look I thought the building with the minimart was still there, I was mistaken, it is gone. The breakfast room building and the office are now the Northernmost buildings. This takes half of their rooms and parking, and explains why the price has gone up so much.

I have no idea where they are planning to park all of the cars for these 2 multi story hotels. Holiday Inn express looks like it will be 3 floors, and the other 4.

I think one of the hotels is the Courtyard Marriott Waterpark Hotel, set to open this summer. At least, those are the notes I put in my phone when we were on the Monorail. I saw it more as being on Harbor, but if my memory serves it is close to Manchester.

I was thinking Marriott but couldn't remember. It sits behind Mimi's from Harbor, I would think it has a Manchester address. Depending on what they do with that section of parking lot, you may be able to enter Mimi's lot to access it.

Manchester hotels construction

Could parking be under the building?

Here is a sketch picture of the garage parking and hotel. That lot was used as parking for HOJO and I believe was or still is owned by HOJO. I love HOJO's and have been booking their 2 bedroom suite for the past 7 years 4 times a year. My kids love the waterpark. As they get older they have been getting more bored with it. We will be booking the new hotel (to try the water slides) for New Years on May 15 and are looking forward to it. When we go to DW, we can hardly keep them out of the waterparks. It will be nice to have a second water playground in Anaheim. A long, long term lurker of this site and finally decided to sign up, Cheers!
    marriott.jpg

According to their FB page they are accepting reservations today for end of September on out. They will open August and the beginning of September dates as their completion date is confirmed.

The new Courtyard by Marriott is listed on the new ART map (Summer 2015) that I got at the Tink Expo. Map says "opening July 2015." But, I'm sure the September date is a better bet.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The Holiday Inn Express next to the Quality Inn, had signs/vinyl banners on it when I walked by it during the Tink half.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe