Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: The Quest that Never Was: Tin in the Box

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The Quest that Never Was: Tin in the Box

I was going through some photos last week, and came across a batch taken at Epcot for our first World Explorers game. Included were the research photos for the quest that still makes Joe and I ill to think about.

When we made our trip to write the game, we came across a lovely exhibit of tin toys in the Japan pavilion. We joked that the quest wrote itself - there was a poster showing a bunch of the toys, but one of the items on the poster was not actually on display in the exhibit. We used botanical names from the plants around the pavilion to create a word search, buried the question in the remaining letters, and we were done. It was the easiest quest we wrote for that entire event.

So you can just imagine the shock when we went back just days before the event for our final test with the crew, and discovered the exhibit had been removed just a few weeks earlier. We regrouped and wrote a replacement quest, but we've never quite gotten over it...

Thought you'd like to see some of the photos.

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember you two being so bummed out about that exhibit going away. Glad to see the quest that would have been - but at least you still were able to use the Latin names!

Cathy