Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to the Magic...Part 5! So excited...

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

1 week from today we will be in the air on our way to WDW. 7 days. We've been planning this for at least the past 11 months. Time to break out the suitcases.

2. # ADS

As the afterglow of a wonderful Christmas begins to fade, all eyes turn to our next vacation to Disneyworld. Just 144 days to go until we hit the road. Hope everyone had a very, Merry Christmas.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

25 days or so... Less than a month. Told the kids we would start putting piles of clothes together soon...

Countdown to the Magic...Part 5! So excited...

188 days! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Just booked the dining for my next trip to WDW at the end of April. I can do this because . . . wait for it . . . I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB!!! I start the first Monday of 2015, and if I don't do something stupid and get fired, I'll be about ready for some Florida vacation time!!!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Just booked the dining for my next trip to WDW at the end of April. I can do this because . . . wait for it . . . I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB!!! I start the first Monday of 2015, and if I don't do something stupid and get fired, I'll be about ready for some Florida vacation time!!!
    Congrats, Dan, but as frequently as you are at DW, why not just pull the trigger and be done with it; come on, Skipper, you know you want to!
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Congratulations on the new job and the next Disney trip

We leave Thursday night. I just need to get through the next 2 days at work.

Countdown to the Magic...Part 5! So excited...

Have a magical trip DisneyFunFamily4.

Awesome news Dan! Congrats!

187 days!

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    Congrats, Dan, but as frequently as you are at DW, why not just pull the trigger and be done with it; come on, Skipper, you know you want to!
    Yeah, I really want to, but them bills' gotta be paid first!
    - James Taylor

We have a 7am flight on Friday morning. Almost time to start counting down the hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WDW: 84, 85, 87, 01, 07, 11, 13, 15, 17
    Resorts: Off-Site (84, 85, 87), Cont (01, 19), Grand FL (07), ASM (11, 13, 15), SoG (17, 19)
    DL: 75, 77, 15, 16 Off-Site (75, 77), Grand CA (15, 16)

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I showed DW that SoG was having $79 rooms again. She stated that we are NOT going back to WDW, maybe DLR but FL is not on the plans in the near future. I think it's just to much walking for her and she likes the smaller footprint of DLR.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One week from RIGHT NOW, My room should be ready!

Cathy

21 Days and 23 hours and lots of minutes!!

Hey Dan, congratulations on your new job. I will be heading to WDW sometime this Summer. What are the best places to eat? I see you are a production wizard, I also work in this industry. Maybe we can work together if someone I'm working with needs help. What company did you end up working for, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead247 View Post
    We have a 7am flight on Friday morning. Almost time to start counting down the hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huzzah! Have a ton of fun! I'll only be 139 days behind you!

Yeah

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Tomorrow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    Tomorrow!!!!
    Best day ever! So jealous! What a way to start the New Year! Have a great time! Tell Mickey and the gang that I'll see them in 138 days!

Quote Originally Posted by FILMMAKER View Post
    What are the best places to eat?
    This is a tough question, kinda like asking what's the best song ever. So much depends on what kind of food you like, whether you're more into fast food or sitdown, if you want characters or just a quiet meal. That said, here are my favorites -

The California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. Great food, incredible service, and a view of the Magic Kingdom and the Seven Seas Lagoon that's just spectacular. My favorite restaurant on the planet!

The Coral Reef inside of Epcot. Excellent seafood seated by the windows and looking into one of the largest manmade coral environments anywhere.

La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot. A whole lotta great Mexican food with a nice view over the World Showcase Lagoon. One of my new favorites.

Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom. Tasty ribs with a nice view of Expedition Everest across the waterway.

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Caf in the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland. Pretty standard fast food, but what makes this special is entertainment from the audio-animatronic Sonny Eclipse.

As to your other question, I'm working for an A/V systems integrator called Whitlock, but I'll be working at Alcon Labs in Ft. Worth. They make all kinds of eye stuff, but I'll still be doing A/V work, keeping their projection and video conferencing systems up and running for their 3500 people on their huge campus. I start Monday - can't wait!
    - James Taylor

Great news! Congrats!
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    Best day ever! So jealous! What a way to start the New Year! Have a great time! Tell Mickey and the gang that I'll see them in 138 days!
    Thank you!! We're at the airport now! So excited!!

This is a tough question, kinda like asking what's the best song ever. So much depends on what kind of food you like, whether you're more into fast food or sitdown, if you want characters or just a quiet meal. That said, here are my favorites -

The California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. Great food, incredible service, and a view of the Magic Kingdom and the Seven Seas Lagoon that's just spectacular. My favorite restaurant on the planet!

The Coral Reef inside of Epcot. Excellent seafood seated by the windows and looking into one of the largest manmade coral environments anywhere.

La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot. A whole lotta great Mexican food with a nice view over the World Showcase Lagoon. One of my new favorites.

Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom. Tasty ribs with a nice view of Expedition Everest across the waterway.

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Caf in the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland. Pretty standard fast food, but what makes this special is entertainment from the audio-animatronic Sonny Eclipse.

As to your other question, I'm working for an A/V systems integrator called Whitlock, but I'll be working at Alcon Labs in Ft. Worth. They make all kinds of eye stuff, but I'll still be doing A/V work, keeping their projection and video conferencing systems up and running for their 3500 people on their huge campus. I start Monday - can't wait!
    Thanks Dan, I like ALL food and locations! Your job sounds great, too bad you couldn't find a gig at WDW in their production department. Cheers!