Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Coronado Springs Hotel

Coronado Springs Hotel

Possible vacation for 9 nights in June. Two adults. Any comments yeah or nay on this property?

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to move this to the Walt Disney World Forums. If you meant somewhere else besides that, but in California - let us know and we'll move it again.

That said - I know Dan Young really loves this resort. It's not my most favorite moderate, but one of my reasons against it was the counter service dining and I know that has changed since I stayed there. The rooms are also heavily carved dark wood everything (including the 'curtain' between the sinks and the rest of the room) and I missed having any color other than the one decorative stripe on the bedding.

Cathy

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agreed with Drince on this.
    I really like the resort, but it does have more of a conference resort theme than anything else. The dark wood made me feel like I was at a Hilton, to be honest.

But the rooms are comfortable with queen beds. Love the pool area as well. Bus service is good as well.

While I would like to say that the dining options was the only real downfall to this resort, like Drince, I have not yet tried it since the changes at Pepper Market.

I would have no issues with staying there again.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I got a better deal on this resort than on other moderates - for sure I'd be staying here again. The negatives, in my opinion, don't outweigh hard cash savings!

Cathy

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to admit as well, that if comparing equal money, I would choose POFQ or POR over CSR. However, I think CBR has the best pool area of all the moderates.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink. A CSR rehab will begin in January 2015 to freshen up the rooms.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

buzz is our local expert on the CSR. It's by far my favorite of the moderates. But as you've seen it has its challenges. Yes, it is the only moderate that has a convention center. But the conventioneer section is off by itself, and usually doesn't impinge on the rest of the resort. I really like the way the room buildings are spread around the beautiful Lago Dorado Lagoon. The overall landscaping is just more lush and beautiful than most of the other properties. For me it has a deluxe feel rather than a moderate. I know they've been jacking up the price a bit lately, which tends to color any decision. But other than that I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I went ahead and booked it. Since 2014, based on Birnabum 2014 WDW Guide Book, they have a new restaurant table service, based on the dining package info and the resort website called Las Ventanas and is breakfast and lunch only.

Also, they are testing serving breakfast this week at Siestas from 7am to 11am. Gives guests in the ranchos another option for refilling mugs. Hopefully it becomes permanent.

Last edited by stan4d_steph; 11-18-2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Blog link removed

We were staying at the Coronado Springs Resort when you started this post. It's now my favorite moderate. I loved the architecture, the fact that everything is centered around the lake, the Pepper Market was very good for breakfast and lunch, the Maya Grill was excellent for dinner, and the staff was excellent. If you like Mexican food, then make sure to have dinner at the May Grill. We all loved it!

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

We tried lunch at Las Ventanas in September. The food was great and our waiter was excellent.

John