Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Ayers Anaheim

Ayers Anaheim

I am planning a trip for May for our 8 year wedding anniversary. We live up in Lompoc/VAFB area and thought it would be fun to take the train from Santa Barbara and not deal with LA traffic. =-) I noticed the Ayers hotel has a great rate for those taking the train. Has anyone stayed there? Has anyone taken the train to Anaheim? Thoughts, Suggestions? We have stayed at different properties but never Ayers. Last time we went we stayed at the Hyatt Regency OC which was probably one of the best stays we had but the ayers deal would save us a couple $100 but is it worth the savings?
    Thanks

You forgot to mention cute and fluffy! -- Stitch

2. # ADS

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would love to hear how your train experience goes.

I've never taken the train, but the Ayres Anaheim is our very favorite hotel for Disneyland trips. The decor is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable, well-appointed, and very clean. The staff is always super friendly and welcoming, and we love the breakfast. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

We have a reservation booked there, however the location is a bit far from the parks and I think we may cancel. Sounds like a really nice place from the reviews. We have another reservation at the Red Lion where we've stayed several times before.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

We stayed there several years ago, when the hotel had a rather rickety shuttle to the parks. Do you know if they've changed this, and/if they still offer a shuttle? The shuttle was convenient, and free -- but not in good shape. I'm sure they've changed it by now, if they still have one. Our hotel room was clean, but dark and somewhat depressing to me. It felt old-fashioned and wasn't what I had been expecting. But it was a clean hotel, and it was about a 15 minute drive to Disneyland entrance, as I recall.