Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Pink/Pregnancy Pass

Pink/Pregnancy Pass

Is there such thing as a pink or pregnancy pass? If so, how does it work?

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arica57 View Post
    Is there such thing as a pink or pregnancy pass? If so, how does it work?
    There's one pass for all situations. The pass is officially called the "Rider Switch" pass. This has been referred to, unofficially, as the Child Swap Pass. But the true name of the pass is the "Rider Switch Pass" and you can use it for children who are too short (or scared) to ride an attraction or for pregnancy or other health related issues that would prevent an adult (or child) from riding an attraction.

The same rides with height restrictions are the rides with pregnancy restrictions.

ETA: How it works - you approach the ride and tell the CM you want a Rider Switch Pass. The CM will ask to see who's going on the ride and who's staying off the ride. Then your party will get the pass. It's good for two people to return later. Usually the second group will use the FastPass entrance, unless the ride doesn't have one. But I think all the restricted rides do. (Now watch someone come point out the ride I'm forgetting that doesn't.)
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Pink/Pregnancy Pass

Good to know. Is there a pass allowing pregnant women to wait in a shorter line? A friend was asking. When my son hurt his ankle and couldn't walk we went to guest services and they gave us a pass to enter thru the exit. Similar to wheel chair access.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Pink/Pregnancy Pass

No. That would be an endurance issue and they might suggest she rent a wheelchair.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How would a rider switch help with an adult who couldn't ride? I'm having trouble figuing out the scenario where the adult that couldn't ride wouldn't just wait for the rest of her party near the exit/some other gathering spot.

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    How would a rider switch help with an adult who couldn't ride? I'm having trouble figuing out the scenario where the adult that couldn't ride wouldn't just wait for the rest of her party near the exit/some other gathering spot.
    The idea of rider switch is that if a rider can't ride, someone sits off the ride to keep that person company. It's usually used with children or an adult with a physical condition who can't be left alone (or it would be preferable that the adult not be left alone. I think of elderly visitors in this case who a family might feel disrespectful leaving behind.)

I don't remember using any passes during any of my three pregnancies. There was once and maybe twice with my first one that I borrowed a friend's wheelchair because I was ginormous and it was late August (think HOT.) But at that point I wasn't riding attractions as much as hanging out friends or playing ADD-Quest (The pre-MousePlanet, pre-MouseAdventure Scavenger Hunt/Trivia game we had.) So I mostly used it when I didn't want to walk long distances.

Waiting in line wasn't a big deal when I was pregnant and most of the pregnancy OK rides don't usually have long lines anyway.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    The idea of rider switch is that if a rider can't ride, someone sits off the ride to keep that person company. It's usually used with children or an adult with a physical condition who can't be left alone (or it would be preferable that the adult not be left alone. I think of elderly visitors in this case who a family might feel disrespectful leaving behind.)
    Ok, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of the 'keep them company'.
    Cathy