Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2015 refurbishment schedules

Checking the new referb schedule I don't see It's A Small World anywhere. We are going to be there Jan. 21-22. I know it has to go down sometime in there to remove the holiday theme. Any idea when that usually is and how long it takes?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    Checking the new referb schedule I don't see It's A Small World anywhere. We are going to be there Jan. 21-22. I know it has to go down sometime in there to remove the holiday theme. Any idea when that usually is and how long it takes?
    Usually right after/around MLK weekend until early Feb?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Usually right after/around MLK weekend until early Feb?
    Yep. So my guess for this year would be Jan. 20 or 21 as the first day closed.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I was checking the latest refurbishment list on today's DL update report...now I realize that spring refurbishments are a regular thing and they want to get a lot done before the 60th anniversary party kicks off, but it really surprises me of how many big attractions are closed before thousands of runners descend on the parks next weekend for the inaugural Star Wars races! Soarin', World of Color, Splash, Haunted Mansion, & Matterhorn are all due to be closed, and I know my friend from FL is really disappointed to miss them (as will I!). Too bad they couldn't have at least held off a couple of weeks on one or two of them.

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I was checking the latest refurbishment list on today's DL update report...now I realize that spring refurbishments are a regular thing and they want to get a lot done before the 60th anniversary party kicks off, but it really surprises me of how many big attractions are closed before thousands of runners descend on the parks next weekend for the inaugural Star Wars races! Soarin', World of Color, Splash, Haunted Mansion, & Matterhorn are all due to be closed, and I know my friend from FL is really disappointed to miss them (as will I!). Too bad they couldn't have at least held off a couple of weeks on one or two of them.
    Hopefully HM will reopen early. I think it did last year. I think the reason they didn't hold off is because they want them open at Easter. I think a few are due to open that Thursday/Friday before.

They couldn't hold them back. I think they're trying to get a lot done before the 60th kick off in late spring.

Was mommyTo2Boys
    Hopefully HM will reopen early. I think it did last year. I think the reason they didn't hold off is because they want them open at Easter. I think a few are due to open that Thursday/Friday before.
    Do you have a link to share?
    Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

Quote Originally Posted by MommyTo3Boys1Girl View Post
    Do you have a link to share?
    For???

Was mommyTo2Boys
    For???
    With an updated refurbishment schedule? I have 1 from touring plans that I use and feel is pretty accurate.
    Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

Quote Originally Posted by MommyTo3Boys1Girl View Post
    With an updated refurbishment schedule? I have 1 from touring plans that I use and feel is pretty accurate.
    Check out the latest MP park update

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is there a reason they didn't use a painted/whatever scrim to cover the castle instead of the khaki colored tarp? I'm quite bummed about my nieces first view of the castle will be khaki wall.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Is there a reason they didn't use a painted/whatever scrim to cover the castle instead of the khaki colored tarp? I'm quite bummed about my nieces first view of the castle will be khaki wall.
    That is sad. They used those picture scrims on Main Street when they fixed it up. I would think the castle is even more important and needs a pretty cover while being made over.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    We were there this past weekend and thought that looked pretty awful too. Small World had the designed scrim that looks like the attraction and wasn't nearly as bad. Maybe the castle is just too big? I felt like there had to be a better option too...

Blog Entries

Thanks for validating my thoughts, even with the poorly constructed sentence!

Cathy

Clearly they were reading your mind- according to posts on Twitter they put up a pretty scrim today!

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    Clearly they were reading your mind- according to posts on Twitter they put up a pretty scrim today!
    THANK YOU!!!
    This is very good news (not the best news - that would be doing the diamond decorations without having to cover the whole castle)
    Cathy

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Do we think the scrim will be up until the walkthrough and grotto are back open on the 2nd?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Disneyland (and retweeted by @Mouseplanet) posted that Luigi's is officially done by 2/16.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Here is an article about the Luigi's closure: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/l...ey-guests.html

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was glad to get the chance to experience Luigi's before it's gone. I thought it was pretty fun, went on my own and felt like I had some control over the tire, but not too much.

I will say that the closure of so many major rides made the park seem more busy than I think it would have been had they been open. Mid week last week we stood in line, most times short lines, for most everything.

Going to be glad to take another trip though and ride some of the ones we have not been on in ages.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney