Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Girls' Trip in late May

Girls' Trip in late May

My girlfriends' and I are considering planning a girls' trip for sometime in late May. One of my friend's teaches at a private kindergarten and has to wait until the school year is completed, so that would leave May 22-25 (F-M), 23-26 (Sa-Tu), May 29-June 1 (F-M), May 30-June 2 (Sa-Tu). I know Memorial Day weekend is in there, and that is probably crazy, but are there any other things going on (Marathons, special events) that anyone knows of during this time period? Our only other options would be to possibly go in early August before school starts. Any thoughts? Your input would be appreciated.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buffy24 View Post
    My girlfriends' and I are considering planning a girls' trip for sometime in late May. One of my friend's teaches at a private kindergarten and has to wait until the school year is completed, so that would leave May 22-25 (F-M), 23-26 (Sa-Tu), May 29-June 1 (F-M), May 30-June 2 (Sa-Tu). I know Memorial Day weekend is in there, and that is probably crazy, but are there any other things going on (Marathons, special events) that anyone knows of during this time period? Our only other options would be to possibly go in early August before school starts. Any thoughts? Your input would be appreciated.
    There's no guarantee that they'll do it again next year, but fyi, this year and last year, they've had the 24 hour party starting at 6am on the Friday before Memorial Day running through 6am of Saturday, so if they do that next year, it would be the 22nd to the 23rd. Just something to keep in mind if you want the possibility of attending or if you want to make sure to avoid it if it happens.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I was in the park the Monday (afternoon) and Tuesday of your latest dates (May 30-Jun 2), last year. Our school takes the 8th graders those days. Crowd wise, it is lovely. Be aware there are many school groups during that time. Grad Nights will be happening as well, although I don't believe Monday or Tuesday were days for Grad Nights.
    I would lean away from Memorial day weekend myself.

The 60th anniversary hasn't been announced yet. When they did the 50th the festivities started in May. That could impact crowds slightly. My personal preference would be one of the Saturday - Tuesdays because Tuesdays are less busy than Fridays.