Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Ideas for a 10th anniversary stay

Ideas for a 10th anniversary stay

Hi Everyone, DH and I usually go to DL for our anniversary every year. But this year we have a cat that needs our attention, so we are going to WDW with side trips back home to check on the old man.
    So here's where I could really use some help. DH and I got to WDW all the time. And I'm trying to add stuff to our stay 11/3-11/7 to make it special. (cause the truth is, we are really missing DL) So far we have added club level to our Wilderness Lodge stay and have a res at the HoopDiDoo. Can you guys please give me some suggestions to make this trip special? The parks close at 9pm every night so it's been hard to come up with things that don't take away too much time in the parks.

I appreciate everyone's help.
    GnP

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you done Jelly Rolls? That's a lot of fun.
    What about a tour? (Though that does take away from 'park' time) - or some of the extra things with F&W fest.
    Even just Behind the Seeds, which is fairly short would mix things up a bit.
    And of course, any signature dining location!

Cathy

My husband and I really enjoyed a meal at the California Grill. If you don't have reservations, you could see if they would let you go up to the bar. My husband and I enjoyed the observation deck.

Another fun thing, might be to create your own park scavenger hunt. Start with "A" and take a picture of something you can only find at WDW...and work your way through the alphabet.

Strolling around World Showcase and sampling from the Food and Wine Festival sounds super yummy and fun!

Maybe a silly photo challenge, silly poses on as many park benches as you can stop at. You might be surprised at the attention to detail, if you focus on a particular item, like park benches.

I hope you all have a great time!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Thank you so much for the wonderful replies! Drince88 did you enjoy JellyRolls? I was really thinking about going there because they are open late and we have never been. Maybe we can go after 9pm? I read a couple of reviews and some people said that you had to stand? Would you mind sharing some details from your visit?
    MickeyMom, I'm glad you mentioned pictures. My DH and are rarely take pics with both of us in it. I need to be SURE to get a pick for our 10th with both of us.

You guys are great!
    GnP

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We got to Jelly Rolls early, so were able to get tables down on the floor, actually near the front. There were 6(?) of us and all really got into the interaction with the piano players (and maybe had a drink or two in the process). I don't remember what time we did enter, though. The piano players are good at getting the crowd involved.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    My husband and I really enjoyed a meal at the California Grill. If you don't have reservations, you could see if they would let you go up to the bar. My husband and I enjoyed the observation deck.
    This absolutely works, as long as you're not too close to fireworks time. They serve the full menu at the bar, and you get to enjoy that incredible view!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks Dan! I read your trip report with pics from California Grill with great interest. Told my DH at the time how you manage to find a great spot. So they serve the full menu at the bar?

Yup. It's really a cool way to experience the CG without having to book a table 6 months in advance!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks Dan!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

The romantic carriage ride around POFQ or POR is lovely. Reasonable cost....

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Thanks Tina! Since we are staying at the WL we would like to take the wagon ride or book a carriage.