Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: What's your favorite "extra" from a game?

What's your favorite "extra" from a game?

Over the years we've given out a lot of extra items with quests and games: LEGO sets, blank Vinylmations, notebooks, stickers, socks... What's your favorite item you've gotten, and do you still use it? What kind of second life does it have?

2. # ADS

"Here's a bag of Legos. Oh, you're an Advanced Team. There are no instructions with this bag. Have fun . . ."

The quarters for the phone call in DCA.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    The quarters for the phone call in DCA.
    Oh my gosh! That quest was so fun!
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

The Legos were so awesome! That has to be my favorite. I have also loved the jigsaw puzzle quests. I remember solving one of those on the monorail.

The paint chip quest was also so cool. I also really liked the lanyard/water bottle holder we got a long time ago with the different "alphabets" embroidered on it. Were they the Indiana Jones font and something from Star Tours? I know we used those to solve a quest or two.

Then there are those extras that make you cringe. Like the sock with the glow-in-the-dark embroidery. My whole team wrote down the information that was on the sock and then proceeded to ride Monster's Inc. looking for the information while said sock was stuffed away in the backpack. Yeah, got no points for that one.

Tricia: Member of the ORIGINAL Oswald Returns.

The Twilight Zone TV guide book was pretty cool!

I was looking at my Trains, Trams, and Monorails MA stuff yesterday. What a cool game that was! I had forgotten about the giant souvenir map we got that time. I love maps, so I really like that extra. I remember we had to draw a few lines on it to find the finish line of the race.

Tricia: Member of the ORIGINAL Oswald Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    What kind of second life does it have?
    If you look at my clipboard (it's the kind that holds stuff/paper/trinkets in the middle), it has many MA writing utensils from past games. I like to think of them as my "just in case I ever need a red crayon/purple sharpie/tiny pencil" stash. Some people bring ponchos and the plastic paper sleeves in cases it rains; I bring a weird assortment of old MA writing instruments.
    - Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!

I have a bulletin board dedicated to MA. It has items from every game we've done. Big things are clipped on, while flat things are slipped under crisscrossed lanyard straps (like a French memo board - then I had to scramble to find enough yellow lanyards when they started asking us to reuse them!).

It has the stacking tiki strip from Luau, MA Zone guide, scatter card from Anniversary, Fix-A-Flat card from Road Trip, jokers from Card Games and Deuces Wild, photo flip book from Eye Spy, team badges from every game we've played, and some team photos. I need to make another board sometime soon...

The best extra, hands down, is the calendar from 365. I have it hanging in my office at work and it brightens my day every time I look at it (which is every time I lift my head from the monitor, as I deliberately placed it opposite my chair). I wish MA would sell more "stuff" at the events. Have a table set up with shirts and hats and calendars and mousepads and coffee mugs and everything else under the sun. We would leave with bags full, believe me!

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    I have a bulletin board dedicated to MA. It has items from every game we've done. Big things are clipped on, while flat things are slipped under crisscrossed lanyard straps (like a French memo board - then I had to scramble to find enough yellow lanyards when they started asking us to reuse them!).
    That is so great. Please take a picture and share it!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gfy4dland View Post
    Then there are those extras that make you cringe. Like the sock with the glow-in-the-dark embroidery. My whole team wrote down the information that was on the sock and then proceeded to ride Monster's Inc. looking for the information while said sock was stuffed away in the backpack. Yeah, got no points for that one.
    Oh this sounds so familiar... Like all the teams that wrote down the information from that blue piece of paper and road Ariel's yesterday, with the blue paper stuck under another on the clipboard. Or in a backpack... And then had to ride AGAIN with the blue paper...
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Oh this sounds so familiar... Like all the teams that wrote down the information from that blue piece of paper and road Ariel's yesterday, with the blue paper stuck under another on the clipboard. Or in a backpack... And then had to ride AGAIN with the blue paper...
    Did anyone attempt to solve the math problem? I had the thought about 3+ spinning starfish in that if that number multiplied by 0 then the whole problem wouldn't be that bad. But then I looked at what it was paired with and didn't think it would multiply by zero and was very glad that my other teammates were able to read the glow in the dark quest and solve it that way instead.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Did anyone attempt to solve the math problem? I had the thought about 3+ spinning starfish in that if that number multiplied by 0 then the whole problem wouldn't be that bad. But then I looked at what it was paired with and didn't think it would multiply by zero and was very glad that my other teammates were able to read the glow in the dark quest and solve it that way instead.
    Yep. I posted an indepth answer in the recap thread.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I was so sad that I didn't get to take the gears home with me. I hope you use them again in a future game!

I think my favorite "extras" will always be the buttons (the collector in me loves them...), but I also really like the cards from Card Games :-) And the calendar. That's hanging in my office!

As someone that didn't get to do the 365 event, can someone describe the calendars to me? They sound amazing!