Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Parental supervision required for teen Chill Spa treatments starting 10/9

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Parental supervision required for teen Chill Spa treatments starting 10/9

ChillSpa.jpg

Disney has begun to notify travel agents about a new policy requiring parental supervision when teens have treatments at the Chill Spa. The Chill Spa is a teen-only space on the Disney Magic, Disney Dream, and Disney Fantasy, catering to passengers ages 13-17. Treatments include an "ice cream" manicure, facials, massage and hair styling services.

Beginning with the following sail dates, a parent or guardian must be present for the duration of all Chill Spa treatments:

• Disney Dream - 10/9/14
    • Disney Magic - 10/11/14
    • Disney Fantasy- 10/11/14

Passengers can only book Chill Spa treatments once they board (advance reservations are not offered), so passengers boarding next week will receive the new parent/guardian waiver when they make their reservation. The Disney Cruise Line website has already been changed to reflect this new policy.

Adrienne
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Interesting. As the parent of teenagers, I wouldn't have even thought to leave them unsupervised in these situations, especially a massage. At home, I have left them with our hairdresser BUT she has been cutting their and my own hair for years, most of the 12 year old's life.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So Mom can't get any treatment there, but she has to hang out when daughter does? Seems like if they're going to require supervision (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing in this day and age!!) they should make it a family bonding activity.

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I readily admit: I have no experience in this area. But most of the spas with which I'm familiar don't normally offer treatments to people under 18 so this policy doesn't surprise me.

I could see them not wanting to do couples treatments parent/daughter because if parent's not paying attention, then something could still happen? ETA: OOPS. I'm wrong. I just read that they do offer mother/daughter and father/son treatments.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe