Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Pop Up Ads

Pop Up Ads

For a couple of months I've been having trouble with pop up ads at the bottom of the screen on this site. Every time I open a new page (I like to open each thread in a new page) I get a pop up ad at the bottom of the page. Most are for cars but some are for Ranch Market or video games. It's very irritating and only occurs on this site. I do have pop up blocker turned on and block cookies from advertisers and I'm signed in to the board. I'm using an iPad with iOS 7.1.2 and Safari.

Any ideas?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Jolie View Post
    For a couple of months I've been having trouble with pop up ads at the bottom of the screen on this site. Every time I open a new page (I like to open each thread in a new page) I get a pop up ad at the bottom of the page. Most are for cars but some are for Ranch Market or video games. It's very irritating and only occurs on this site. I do have pop up blocker turned on and block cookies from advertisers and I'm signed in to the board. I'm using an iPad with iOS 7.1.2 and Safari.

Any ideas?
    Subscribe to Mouse Planet?
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

I've had the same problem for about a year on this and a few other sites. It got so annoying when it was impossible to close them and they would block the text making it impossible to read.

My solution has been to turn java off (in settings, safari, near the bottom) when browsing.
    The pros: the ads aren't there, longer battery life, fewer "dancing and flashing" things on websites.
    The cons: you need to turn it on for any video links you want to watch, some sites (not this one) need java to be on to load.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestions. I can close the ads, it's just annoying to have them popping up on every single page!

Well, I updated to iOS 8 and nothing changed. Since it only happens on this site I have to assume that it is the software from this site that allows these pop ups. Very very irritating. I would like to request that these ads be stopped. Thank you.

You can buy a subscription to stop ads on MousePad. It's $14.99 per year.

That's already been suggested. I don't mind the other ads, just these pop ups. They are relatively new and have never been there before. I shouldn't have to pay to get a particular type of annoying ad to go away.