Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Race Plans

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've already added a 5k next weekend and a 9k on the 4th! I might go hard on the 5k, but the 9k will be super easy, since it's just a week before Mickey.

Cathy

2. # ADS

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I'm doing the Inaugural Rebel Challenge with Steph. Alex and I have also signed up for the Grizzly Double -- Grand Teton Half Marathon then the Yellowstone Half Marathon the weekend after that. That will be in July.

Depending on how my Achilles tendinitis heals up, I might also start training up again for full marathons and getting my time back down (surprise! Reducing your running by half and not doing any speed workouts will make you way slower), and picking/choosing some full marathons for next year.
    Alex and I both signed up for the Yosemite Half, which happens in early October.

We're also signed up for the Mountains 2 Beach Marathon in May. It's supposed to be a really fast course. I'll try to find another couple of fulls for next year, I think.

Tallied up on miles on RunKeeper and I will wind up putting in a little over 1,250 miles this year. Woot!!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

January - Rebel Challenge
    July - Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon
    October - Yosemite Half Marathon

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks like RnR has updated all their Heavy Medals and have added in medals for completing 8 and 9 events in a year. We saw the medals in person at RnR San Antonio and honestly, six thru ten are HUGE. Almost too big. Very gaudy but if you're looking for bling, they are definitely blingy.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Headless Chicken

My itinerary has been updated to:

January - Star Wars 10K
    March - Coaster Run 5K
    September - Dumbo Double Dare
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

It's a rather light schedule, but I'm happy with it. I'll be getting my Coast-to-Coast medal next fall!

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post

January - Star Wars 10K
    March - Coaster Run 5K
    September - Dumbo Double Dare
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

It's a rather light schedule, but I'm happy with it. I'll be getting my Coast-to-Coast medal next fall!
    Woo hoo! Congrats!
    RunningFool

Compared to 2014, my race schedule (so far) for 2015 seems pretty light. But there are some heavy expectations for one race...

January - Rebel Challenge
    April - Peace-Love-Run Half Marathon tentative
    May - Mountains2Beach Marathon - Gonna try to shave another 45-60 seconds off my BQ time. Gulp.
    September - Disneyland 10k
    November - Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Also planning to run some local 5ks, to hopefully improve my speed. These are very low-key races with the local track club.

If Boston doesn't work out in 2016, I'm hoping to run the Key West Half Marathon in January...but I really hope Boston works out!

Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I'll try to find another couple of fulls for next year, I think.
    I hear there's a full in Boston...
    Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2015 Race Plans

So, I booked a hotel room to CHEER at Mountains 2 Beach for two friends trying to BQ. It's my favorite non-Disney race so we'll see how well these plans pan out. I'm feeling a couple of nudges to register for the half....

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

So Mountains 2 Beach is a good race, then? I'm halfway considering it because Kevin and cubs will be visiting relatives that weekend, so I find myself with a weekend to myself (which is an extremely foreign concept to me anymore.)

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    So Mountains 2 Beach is a good race, then? I'm halfway considering it because Kevin and cubs will be visiting relatives that weekend, so I find myself with a weekend to myself (which is an extremely foreign concept to me anymore.)
    I have it on very good authority from some folks here (Fairest and Lani) that this is a fast course! You should go for it! (And, have a great race this weekend!!!)
    Kim

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    So, I booked a hotel room to CHEER at Mountains 2 Beach for two friends trying to BQ. It's my favorite non-Disney race so we'll see how well these plans pan out. I'm feeling a couple of nudges to register for the half....
    That didn't last long. I have no will power against M2B. I'm registered for the half. Hopefully I'll be done in plenty of time to catch Lani and Vegaspixie around mile 23.5 (?) behind our hotel and again at 26 (in front of our hotel). DH isn't registered....yet. He can't decide on the full or the half. I told him that he doesn't have much time. The full is almost sold out.

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Goldhaber View Post
    Doing the WDW Half in January (couldn't let my local teammates go down without me now, could I?)

I just found out tonight at our workout that our 10K/15K coach will be running the Half/Full training program for spring, with a goal race of the Raleigh Rock 'n' Roll Half/Full, so that may be my "gateway" race to a full marathon (need to negotiate with the wife for that one).

I'll probably also try to get the OK to fly cross-country to earn a C2C at either the Disneyland Half or Avengers. We'll see how negotiations go.

I'm sure that there'll also be a mix of local races. I'll probably try to run the Mohawk Hudson River Marathon or Half Marathon next October (working the finish line all day this Sunday for this year's race), but nothing is set in concrete yet.
    OK, so family considerations have me dropping any distance training this spring, so Raleigh is out. However, I do have the OK to go for my Coast-to-Coast! Now we'll have to see whether I can get in for the Dumbo (might as well), otherwise I'll have to go for Avengers. Dumbo would work out well within my training if I decide to go for the Mohawk Hudson full.

I'm also going to try to get into the Boilermaker 15K in Utica. It's supposed to be an awesome race, and it'll be something to shoot for over the summer. Also doing the final Everest (or, as I'm now calling it, "The Last Expedition") in May. Still undecided whether I'm going to go for broke and shoot for Wine & Dine again this year or stay home and run the Stockade-athon 15K. We'll have to see what I can or can't get into.

Plus, of course, lots of shorter local races.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Goldhaber View Post
    OK, so family considerations have me dropping any distance training this spring, so Raleigh is out. However, I do have the OK to go for my Coast-to-Coast! Now we'll have to see whether I can get in for the Dumbo (might as well), otherwise I'll have to go for Avengers. Dumbo would work out well within my training if I decide to go for the Mohawk Hudson full.
    Weather is better for Avengers and rumor has it there will be a Challenge added this year as well. On the other hand, you'll earn the 10th anniversary medal at Disneyland Half. Decisions, decisions.
    RunningFool

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    So far the plan is the Star Wars inaugural half in January and the Wine and Dine half in the fall. I'd like to add some local races in there too and the SF Giants race.
    Adding Avengers half and a 10k before we have to submit proof of time for W&D. DH has bling envy and wants to get a Coast to Coast this year too.

January - WDW Half Marathon - My First! | Completed!
    May - Frederick Running Festival Half Marathon
    September - Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare
    October - Baltimore Half Marathon for the "Maryland Double"

From nothing to four half marathons this year, I guess there's no looking back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    And, of course, I will totally do another Beat the Blerch race should it come to San Diego, as presently rumored for the spring.
    Not sure I could "beat" the Blerch. Round about mile 10 that couch would be too damn tempting.

The first date for the new Nike Women's Race Series has been announced. It will be a 15K in Toronto, Canada on June 14, 2015.

Blog Entries
    So far:
    -and perhaps one more race that's just a rumor currently
    So, I heard more on this rumored race and it won't be happening in 2015. So now I'm totally conflicted.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    So, I heard more on this rumored race and it won't be happening in 2015. So now I'm totally conflicted.
    I was kinda figuring that since they haven't mentioned a word by now, it wasn't going to happen this year. I would think people would need plenty of notice. Given everything else going on, I'm actually glad it's being pushed to 2016, at least.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I was kinda figuring that since they haven't mentioned a word by now, it wasn't going to happen this year. I would think people would need plenty of notice. Given everything else going on, I'm actually glad it's being pushed to 2016, at least.
    Yes. I actually got a date and an announcement date from the company. It will be 2016.

Blog Entries

7 acres of rose gardens and 400 varieties of roses. Sounds like an awesome half marathon.

Summer Half Marathon.jpg

RunningFool

RnR SF is my next race and so far only on my schedule. Gonna take a month or two off to hopefully full resolve my IT band issue, though it is getting better finally!

I was planning on registering for Avengers but it will depend on my DD and what she decides to do this fall (soccer vs musical theater). If she choose the musical then I can't do Avengers. In that case I think I'll put my hat in the lottery for Nike again. Or maybe RnR San Jose? Any other good Northern California ones that you all know of in October?

Alright I clicked the button. I'm in for the Mountains 2 Beach half.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Alright I clicked the button. I'm in for the Mountains 2 Beach half.
    Sweet!! I hope you love it as much as I do.