Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World of Color Questions

World of Color

We haven't seen this show yet sadly...is it still crazy? What's the best plan? 4 days at the park. Saturday, Monday, tuesday, wednesday.

DLR trips: MANY as a child, 2001, 2005, 2011, 2015 (2 times, first holiday visit!), 2016

2. # ADS

Just saw the post for it! Sorry!

DLR trips: MANY as a child, 2001, 2005, 2011, 2015 (2 times, first holiday visit!), 2016

The last couple of times we've seen it, which has been off season when DCA closes early, we have just walked up right when it is starting and stood in the back. The best is right behind the planter because you have a little space between you and the person in front of you so it helps with seeing it.

Don't leave seeing WOC until your last night, just in case there are malfunctions or other problems. If you can see it earlier in your trip, you will have more chances to see it again if you want to do so. If you leave it until your last night and the show gets cancelled or you get a poor viewing spot, then you won't have another chance to see it.

Do they do it every night or is it like the other shows where they limit it? We are going off season so I am anticipating a lot of that stuff will be done saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldsDaisy View Post
    Do they do it every night or is it like the other shows where they limit it? We are going off season so I am anticipating a lot of that stuff will be done saturday...
    It's nightly unless its on refurb.

I was going to say Fantasmic for your Saturday as that is your only option off-season, and then try WOC for Monday. It is still nightly. If DCA closes at 8, the WOC show is at 8:15.

Thank you! I'm not sure about F!...just because I'm not sure it would keep my son's interest with the characters being so far away. So I'm still on the fence about that one! Thank you for the input! It's greatly appreciated!

We just watched it with a family who had never seen it. Their kids were 2, 4, and 6. They were all enthralled. The weekend before, the family next to us had a little boy who I don't think was even 2 and it had his interest as well.

I would think that FANTASMIC would hold kids interest much better. I know it would have held mine when I was a kid. The live figures meant so much to me. PETER PAN and MARK TWAIN at the end .....along with the DRAGON would have kept me talking about it and drawing pictures for years.......WOC would have enthralled me for about 10 minutes.....it doesn't have a good arc at all.....it is just song after song.....but a lot of people (including my friends) like it better than FANSTASMIC.....so I guess I am just MAD.......as a hatter......

I've seen WOC once, when they still had the PotC segment. (Went mainly for that). While i really enjoyed it, I don't have a burning desire to see it again. If I do, I do, if I don't, I don't. It's all good. I actually prefer Fantasmic.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Even at a young age my kids preferred Fantasmic. We actually only saw World of Color a second time because it was the holiday version.

F! can seem scary but I had my little ones watch it on YouTube first. We frequently discuss the show because Mickey fights the bad dreams to turn them into good ones. So when my kids have bad dreams or are concerned about having bad dreams we talk about how we can turn them good again like Mickey does.

All the kids we've taken to see WOC and F! have loved both. YouTube really did help to prep everyone for whatever might be scary or confusing for him/her. For us, the key for both shows is making sure the kids have a clear (or clear enough) view. If they could see the show, they loved the show.

After thinking about it etc I am leaning towards doing the priority seating or whatever for F! I think with the fact that my son is obsessed with characters right now it's the better choice. I would like to see woc...but I will admit I'm not impressed or thrilled with the way they have it set up. Maybe we will catch it the last day we are in the parks.

I agree with 3P1P, show the kids the video, let them get familiar with it make it feel less scary, include them in the planning. Just my two cents Enjoy your trip!

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldsDaisy View Post
    After thinking about it etc I am leaning towards doing the priority seating or whatever for F! I think with the fact that my son is obsessed with characters right now it's the better choice. I would like to see woc...but I will admit I'm not impressed or thrilled with the way they have it set up. Maybe we will catch it the last day we are in the parks.
    If you are going on a week night or when the park attendance is lower we have been very lucky to show up RIGHT when it starts and the crowd RUSHES the front of the area.....if you stand in the way back you have an unobstructed view of the WHOLE show except the very few effects that are RIGHT on the water (mostly fire which you can see anyway.....) as ALL of the projections are WAY over the crowds head. Then if you put your kids on your shoulders there is no one behind you and I have leaned up against a bannister giving my weary- all -day-walking- around- DLR -legs a much needed rest. NOW if you go when it is VERY crowded this isn't as possible and may be a pain with kids ( not an issue with me) but waiting in Line and waiting on concrete for me is a no thanks. That is the bigger issue I have with the show....you can alt least sit at a table for F! for an hour which is preferable to the standing around.....I do hope that helps and like I said I know MANY people who prefer WOC over F! so don't completely rule it out......good luck!~

World of Color Questions

We are headed to Disneyland in a week and I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info about world of color?
    a) Can my husband just go for all of us (we'll all be in the park, but I figure it will be easier for a lone man to run over there)?
    b) Are they 15$ picnic dinners with a fastpass still available?
    c) How long is the wait for a fastpass, normally -- at the rope drop?

Thanks for everyone's time.

I only know about the picnic dinners as we got them when we saw it. From my understanding they were discontinued quite a while ago. They were a great deal as the dinner (especially the apple pie) was great and we had a wonderful viewing spot.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

1) yes, only one person needs to go to the fastpass machine with all of the tickets. ALL tickets must have been scanned at A (either DCA or DL) gate that day so that it is active.

2) no, they did away with the picnic lunches.

3) There really isn't a huge line anymore, most days there are still passes at noon. Current wisdom is getting a RSR FP first and then grabbing WOC. Woc is currently the only FP that isn't on the grid and preventing from getting another FP in DCA.

I miss the picnic lunch deal but with the FP's available until noon I understand why they have gone away.

When we were there this summer we decided to walk along the Grizzly River path to get to Toy Story. We saw quite a few people rushing to WOC first thing. We decided to get a FP too since we were there. The line moved quickly and did not take long. The show is good, there's just a lot of standing around. Stand to wait for it to begin and then stand for the whole show. Standing is always worse than walking to me.

World of Color these days

We have an impromptu one day trip to Disneyland planned for Monday. We are getting park hoppers and intend to start the day with Disneyland. I was wondering how World of Color is looking lately. If we didn't head over to CA Adventure until afternoon would there still be fastpasses available? If we are admitted to Disneyland then after a couple hours my husband runs over to get WOC passes can I stay in Disneyland with the kids? It has been a while since we did the fastpass option.

~Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.~

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

I know the demand for WoC FP's have slowed down some, reports of availability until noon or so. But since your family has activated park tickets for DL, then the runner can go over to DCA to get FP's before noon if you deem necessary.

Don't forget that the return times for regular ride FP's are now being enforced.

Monday, you should be fine until noon. Like Oregon Traveler said, yes you can send a runner to the other park. They just have to be activated in one gate or the other. Have him check the time on Radiator Springs Racers while he is there.

I was going to suggest trying for a FP for Radiator Springs Racers too. I mean, if he's going to run over there he might as well try for both.