Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Blue Bayou Question

Blue Bayou Question

I will be going to Disneyland at the beginning of October for 3 days. It will be my boyfriend's first time going since he was a child and I want to make it special for him. Does anyone know if Blue Bayou takes reservations for specific tables? i.e. could we request to sit next to the water along the railing and watch the boats of Pirates go by?

2. # ADS

Blue Bayou Question

They don't take reservations for that but you can show up early and request a waterside table. I plan to do this on Friday . I'm just wondering how early we should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In Wonderland View Post
    I will be going to Disneyland at the beginning of October for 3 days. It will be my boyfriend's first time going since he was a child and I want to make it special for him. Does anyone know if Blue Bayou takes reservations for specific tables? i.e. could we request to sit next to the water along the railing and watch the boats of Pirates go by?
    You can always request it. Best bet is to get an early reservation, arrive early, and be willing to wait for a waterside table.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    You can always request it. Best bet is to get an early reservation, arrive early, and be willing to wait for a waterside table.
    This. I always arrive about 15 minutes early, make the request, and let them know I am willing to wait.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will be at one of the Halloween parties so I'm hoping to eat there then. I noticed you cant make reservations during the Halloween party so I think I'll wing it.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will be at one of the Halloween parties so I'm hoping to eat there then. I noticed you cant make reservations during the Halloween party so I think I'll wing it.
    I would not waste party time at a sit down meal. Also I'd look into whether or not they'll even be open for the party.

Good idea, I just assumed they would be open. But you know what they say about assuming... lol! I will call this afternoon and get some information.

Since your party ticket allows you into the park x# (3?, 5?) of hours ahead of the start of the party, perhaps a late lunch time?

So I ended up just making a lunch reservation for Oct. 8th. I decided to play it safe instead of chancing them not being open.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    They don't take reservations for that but you can show up early and request a waterside table. I plan to do this on Friday . I'm just wondering how early we should be.
    Let me know how quickly they seat you when you request the waterside table!

So I ended up just making a lunch reservation for Oct. 8th. I decided to play it safe instead of chancing them not being open.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    Let me know how quickly they seat you when you request the waterside table!
    Will do! We are going on Friday. Can't wait !!!!

I totally understand wanting a waterside table for a special occasion, but on a recent trip my dad and I were seated in the 3rd rank of tables and it was surprising how pleasant it was. We could barely see the boats going by, and it made the ambiance so much better IMHO. It felt like you were really dining on the bayou. Maybe there ARE no bad tables here, just different experiences?

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Maybe we are just lucky, but we have never waited longer than 15 min. for a waterside table.

Say the secret word.