Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: A couple of restaurant questions

A couple of restaurant questions

I was just browsing the menus of the sit down restaurants and had some questions. Are the chicken gumbo crepes good at Cafe Orleans? What else is good there? At Storytellers what is the dinner buffet? Is it good? Is everything ordered separately at Steakhouse 55?

2. # ADS

The gumbo at Cafe Orleans is pretty good. Never tried the gumbo crepes. Everybody seems to love the pomme frites. My wife is partial to the French onion soup. And of course, the famous Monte Cristo sandwich is available. Opinion on the Monte Cristo is divided.

Say the secret word.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    The gumbo at Cafe Orleans is pretty good. Never tried the gumbo crepes. Everybody seems to love the pomme frites. My wife is partial to the French onion soup. And of course, the famous Monte Cristo sandwich is available. Opinion on the Monte Cristo is divided.
    Never tried the gumbo crepes either, but LOVE the French Onion soup, the pomme frites, and of course the Monte Cristo. They are a "must have" whenever I visit.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

I haven't been to the Storyteller buffet lately, but it has been really good in the past. You can also order off the menu there.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Blog Entries

Cafe Orleans - Pommes Frites are a MUST. The French Onion soup is awesome. We love the Monte Cristo, but need to share it with 2-3 people.

Storytellers - Dinner buffet is good. It generally has a New York Strip, turkey, salmon, salads, various side dishes and great desserts.

Steakhouse 55 - Yes, your order everything individually, but a side is generally big enough for 2. They also have a Prix Fixe menu. MDM usually orders it.

Planning 3 trips at once...

A couple of restaurant questions

Another restaurant question. I made a reservation for Blue Bayou for 3:40 and noticed that the lunch menu is until 3:45. So if we get seated right on time I could see having the lunch menu but if we get seated at 3:50 will they give us the dinner menu? I would think the timing of it could be tricky depending on how on time they are. I'm just trying to figure out what I'll be eating. Also, I noticed with the Monte Cristo it comes with a fruit skewer but will they substitute the potatoes? Those BB potatoes are so yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    Another restaurant question. I made a reservation for Blue Bayou for 3:40 and noticed that the lunch menu is until 3:45. So if we get seated right on time I could see having the lunch menu but if we get seated at 3:50 will they give us the dinner menu? I would think the timing of it could be tricky depending on how on time they are. I'm just trying to figure out what I'll be eating. Also, I noticed with the Monte Cristo it comes with a fruit skewer but will they substitute the potatoes? Those BB potatoes are so yummy.
    I think there's a "break" in seating between lunch and dinner. You will get the lunch menu. I can't help on the substitution question.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    Is everything ordered separately at Steakhouse 55?
    It was when we were last there, I agree that the sides are really large and could be share with at least two people.......love Steahouse 55!!!