Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: How far is HoJo to walk?

How far is HoJo to walk?

Is it really close to walk or should we plan to drive and park at the park?

DLR trips: MANY as a child, 2001, 2005, 2011, 2015 (2 times, first holiday visit!), 2016

2. # ADS

The HoJo is not "really close," but it isn't really far either. How close it is depends on the needs of your group. If you have strollers, mobility issues, or you will be going hard all day from rope drop until closing, then the walking distance may be a bit far for you. It isn't "far" in the sense of undoable. But it can feel far when you are really tired at the end of the day. Driving can involve extra time to enter the lot, being directed to your space, and catching the tram. Also, there is the $17 per day fee, if your tickets don't include parking (e.g. AAA) or if you don't have it included in your AP.

It's too far for us but I think it's too close to drive. By the time you waited for the tram and then drove there you could walk back to your room. But I wouldn't want to.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We've walked it in 10-15. Cross Harbor at Mimi's and get to the park under the monorail.... less driveways and less cars coming in and out

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I think it's totally walkable - assuming you have a stroller for little ones. I don't have time to look it up but Alex did a map once that showed the actual distances between the parks and the main gates.

Like Niwel said, it's about 10-15 minutes and if you cross at Mimi's it's not crowded and you don't have to deal with many driveways or crowded crosswalks. Actually, there's a "short cut" on that side that you can walk through the first bus drop off area and don't have to walk as far as you do if you stay on the hotel side of the street.

We've been walking it for at least 4-5 years and my youngest is 10. He hasn't used a stroller for at least 4 years.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Yeah it sounds like for our family driving is the best option. We stayed at the super 8 that is down and around the corner one trip and it was so far and we hated it. Thank you so much!

DLR trips: MANY as a child, 2001, 2005, 2011, 2015 (2 times, first holiday visit!), 2016

You are directly across the street from the Matterhorn. With kids, it takes us 10 minutes to bag check. We like to cross at Mimi's as well.
    We were too far out to walk this trip. It took way longer to park and walked just as far to get to the tram as walking from Hojo's directly. We stayed in Hojo's the first night. Should have walked. We did MM that morning, 9 AM park opening, 8 AM MM, we pulled into Mickey and Friends at 7:15 and had to wait because they don't open until 7:30. We actually parked faster waiting the 15 minutes this day than any other one of the trip.
    I won't totally complain as gifted timeshare is a real budget saver. But seriously it is probably less than a 1/2mile.
    Editted to add: The super8 is behind the park and a huge pain. HoJo's is in the line right across Harbor and really isn't that far.

If I was going to drive, park and tram in anyways I'd stay further (aka cheaper) away. We didn't feel hojos was far at all. And we had 4 kids under the age of 8 at the time. I think it would be a bummer to drive away from Disneyland to park and ride a bus in.

We stayed at the other one that is way down and around the corner. Pretty close the convention center. Last time we stayed at the plaza Inn and suites and it was doable...but I wouldn't want to walk any farther then that.

You bring up a good point about wasted time too. So I think we will end up walking.

Disney Loving Mommy

We've stayed at HJ's a few times, when my kids were still in strollers. It's a bit of a treck, but not impossible and certainly not far enough to warrant driving. They do have the shuttles from the hotel to the park, if you want to use those.

Actually, HoJo is about as far to DL entrance as Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier. I know you're saying, NO WAY!, but it's true. I don't know this personally, but I will in about two months. So don't take my word for it, but you can take this guy's....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862

This is a good article with lot of info on walking distances.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also if you park don't forget waiting for the tram at night when it's crowded. You could easily walk back in the time you have to stand around waiting for a tram, then get to your car, then fight traffic back to the hotel.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

I've stayed at numerous hotels (good neighbor and resort) and last year I went for the first time with my daughter 6months. IMHO I would say walk. Packing all your things into a car, driving to parking lot, paying $, get out unload, wait for tram, take tram, and walk to gates if u walked u could have been inside Disney park shopping or sipping a coffee with the $ u spent on just parking your car.

Always on my way to Disneyland: 84, 87, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfPlanet View Post
    Also if you park don't forget waiting for the tram at night when it's crowded. You could easily walk back in the time you have to stand around waiting for a tram, then get to your car, then fight traffic back to the hotel.
    especially with a stroller in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    Actually, HoJo is about as far to DL entrance as Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier. I know you're saying, NO WAY!, but it's true. I don't know this personally, but I will in about two months. So don't take my word for it, but you can take this guy's....
    This is a good article with lot of info on walking distances.
    That message board post actually references Alex's article on MousePlanet.

How Far is It?

We decided to stay at the Desert Inn and suites. Cheaper and closer.

Also a good choice.

Always on my way to Disneyland: 84, 87, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11

How far is HoJo to walk?

Good idea.