Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: adriennek - September 17, 2014 - Napa Rose Soft Opening gets its own Trip Report

No shortage in SF, true, but sadly a shortage in the resort area. Any good dining in the DLR area is greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS

Adrienne, I have a question about their appetizers. I remember others mentioning that you can sit in the lounge area and have a drink and appetizers -- and only that, not a meal. Is that still true? Is it okay or comfortable to sit there for an hour or more and do this? And are the appetizers sort of like small bites, or enough food for two adults to share, and if ordering enough -- kind of extend into a light meal? What do you think?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    Adrienne, I have a question about their appetizers. I remember others mentioning that you can sit in the lounge area and have a drink and appetizers -- and only that, not a meal. Is that still true? Is it okay or comfortable to sit there for an hour or more and do this? And are the appetizers sort of like small bites, or enough food for two adults to share, and if ordering enough -- kind of extend into a light meal? What do you think?
    Not Adrienne, but answering anyway. There is technically a lounge menu, but you can also order off the full menu in the lounge. I've had the vintner's menu while seated at the lounge. And yes, the chairs there are very comfortable. I've sat in the lounge for quite a number of hours, first just having drinks while we waited for a friend to join us, and then we all had a full meal, including dessert and after dinner drinks. I would say that the appetizers are enough to share between two people as long as they're both just wanting a couple bites, and there are definitely enough appetizers, salads, soups to make a full meal.

I think there was one time that I heard of where they weren't allowing people to order from the full menu in the lounge, but that was because the restaurant was absolutely swamped, and the kitchen couldn't handle any more big orders than from the packed dining area. I don't know if that's happened lately.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Thanks so much! I'm assuming that the lounge doesn't require reservations either, yes?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

cstephens answer matches mine. I've been in the lounge when the kitchen was so swamped they said we could not order off the main menu.

They do not take reservations but... You might not be able to get a table. We've gone in before and had to wait a while for a table to open up. They might even turn you away or at the very least HIGHLY discourage you from waiting for a table. They don't like their entryway backing up with people waiting for tables.

So if you're going during a busy season and/or on a weekend, I suggest arriving as early as possible.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

If you go on a weekend, you will check in for the lounge at the podium by the host/ess desk. The CM will take your name, size of your party, and either seat you if a table is available or tell you how long the wait might be. We haven't been on a weeknight in a while, so I don't know if this procedure is in place every day.

It would be a Friday -- this coming Friday. I'd probably be there myself, before meeting my friend for dinner later. So I'd probably get there early, around 5:30 pm. At least, I hope that's considered early?!

5:30pm is when they start serving, so you should be fine. Have a great time!